By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubi- party games were the first step on Wii for new gamers,time to move on

Ubisoft - party games were the first step on Wii for new gamers…now it’s time to move on

May 13th, 2009

A portion of an ONM interview with Rabbids Go Home creative producer Jacques Exertier…

ONM: Do you think a lot of game developers are now making more and more ‘proper’ games as opposed to more simple party games?

JE: We have been talking about this at Ubisoft a lot recently. We think that the Wii has done a lot to bring new people that were not gamers to the console, so party games were very useful to help them discover what the Wii Remote can do. It’s fantastic because I managed to make my parents play on Wii for the first time with the Rabbids. Before, when I made other games, they never, ever played them.

So perhaps the party game is the first step for bringing in the new public playing games on Wii, and then we move on and offer them games like Rabbids Go Home!

Full interview here

Around the Network

If Red Steel 2 turns out to be as awesome as I hope/think it'll be, I'll believe them.

Ubisoft has been a good Wii third-party. They made some really bad games, but those didn't sell too well, and they made plenty of good(mostly expanded audience) games.

I liked that interview, thanks for posting it. That's the first time I've heard of this, and it ...kind of... makes sense. Perhaps this was developers' plans all along?

I wonder if the casual players will (in a general sense) want to play these deeper and more complex games.

"and then we move on and offer them games like Rabbids Go Home!"
....Move further on please

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

DaveD said:

Just what I was going to say. :P

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:
DaveD said:

Just what I was going to say. :P

really i thought you were going to troll like always

DaveD said:

Look at the context of his comment please.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

DaveD said:

What? Are you saying you don't like the Rabbids?! O_O

The BuShA owns all!

Vertigo-X said:
DaveD said:

What? Are you saying you don't like the Rabbids?! O_O

Not really =/

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

well.. I'm not expecting a halt on Imagine and Z games yet..

Pixel Art can be fun.