By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many users on these boards actually support "The Theory of Evolution"?

USA- Evolution

Former something....

Around the Network

Intelligent design it is then! Put me down for some orange!

Oh, and I'm from the United States of America.

I do believe in some sort of higher power (not the one from the bible, though), but yeah, I also believe in evolution. I don't think it's the ultimate explanation, but till a better one comes along...

I'm from Brazil.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

By the way, ID is NOT a theory.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

superchunk said:
USA - Muslim - Evolution is obvious. God created laws which everything follows. Evolution is one of those many, yet, fundamental processes of life.

I agree with everything but the Muslim part...

why this gets listed as "Other" i don't know... since nothing in evolution rules out god. 

In fact Darwin believed in god.

Not any god in particular though.  He was basically an agnostic who leaned towards god existing.

A deist more or less.

I mean your belief is just... evolution.

I mean saying you believe in the laws of gravity and that those laws were created by god doesn't mean you don't believe in gravity.

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:

Yeah, it's a believe. But since this thread is in some way about a question of faith, I think that is fine

Netherlands, Evolution

By the way IRT Superchunk and MM...

I'd say you are supporting intelligent design. If an "upper being" is creating laws that define eveolution, instead of evolution being formed without interference then that makes you a believer in Intelligent design.

It might be way to overreaching it but, I'd say you are mixing religion with science (which I support by the way, rather then religious persons disapproving anything automaticly that is not in their view...)

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Riot said:
Faxanadu said:

Yeah, it's a believe. But since this thread is in some way about a question of faith, I think that is fine

What I meant is that he writes in orange: Intelligent Design Theory.

Which is clearly wrong and insulting to all scientific theories.

It is as theoretic and good as that Douglas Adams theory on how the universe was created.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Kasz216 said:
superchunk said:
USA - Muslim - Evolution is obvious. God created laws which everything follows. Evolution is one of those many, yet, fundamental processes of life.

I agree with everything but the Muslim part...

why this gets listed as "Other" i don't know... since nothing in evolution rules out god. 

In fact Darwin believed in god.

Not any god in particular though.  He was basically an agnostic who leaned towards god existing.

A deist more or less.

I mean your belief is just... evolution.

I mean saying you believe in the laws of gravity and that those laws were created by god doesn't mean you don't believe in gravity.

If you think gravity or evolution are good theories that implies you think the scientific method is a good framework for interpreting the universe. All experiments done tend to suggest everything follows inviolable rules and is deterministic. Invoking a supernatural God is, by definition, clearly at odds with this; this is why science is 'in conflict' with religion.

Esmoreit said:
Netherlands, Evolution

By the way IRT Superchunk and MM...

I'd say you are supporting intelligent design. If an "upper being" is creating laws that define eveolution, instead of evolution being formed without interference then that makes you a believer in Intelligent design.

It might be way to overreaching it but, I'd say you are mixing religion with science (which I support by the way, rather then religious persons disapproving anything automaticly that is not in their view...)

That's not true though... evolution makes no such claims either way.

In fact... people claiming it suggests the opposite is why we have stupid theories like Intellegent Design around.