By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many users on these boards actually support "The Theory of Evolution"?

Off topic: I think the OP makes a serious mistake in trying to pigeonhole anyone who believes God created the universe into the "Intelligent Design" camp.

On topic: Evolution is the best explanation. United States (Minnesota).

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Final-Fan said:

On topic: Evolution is the best explanation. United States (Minnesota).

yep, pretty much! about the flightless birds...most of them became extinct, but those that haven't have used their wings for other purposes. Penguins can't fly, but their wings are now able for them to swim so they would have a better chance of survival and the gene would be passed on. As for chickens, they can kinda fly, but because their numbers and hostility they still have a good chance of survival.

Evolution is gay.

God made Adam and Eve, not Adam the bacteria who evolved over billions of years.

ManusJustus said:
CHYUII said:

Aaccording to Darwinian Evolution, we all have a common ancestor though but what is that ancestor? Every tree regardless how many branches it has, must have a centralized trunk. For every animal that exists, there has to be a map of transitional forms that lead to each stage, which leads to other animals (dead and living). There has to be a connection one-way or the other. The more animals the more links/mutants/ and transitional phases there has to be.

The fossil record does not show this.

Fossils:

Have you looked at the fossil record?  You think that a species is created, then goes extinct, then a new species replaces it.  That is wrong, the entire fossil record is a 'transitonal' phase.

What do you think happens then?  God is involved in a endless cycle of killing species and replacing them with new ones.  What about the early homo species that we have found?  Did God create humans, kill them off, and create new humans that were a little different each time until he got to us?

The only thing more ridiculous than denying evolution theory is the theory that is made up in its place.

Useless Organs:

You mention the coccyx which, even though the body would work fine without it and occasionaly develops into a tail, has more uses than many other examples of vestigial body parts.  But what about a man's ability to produce milk, or the appendix, or various muscles that much of the population doesnt have?

Answer this:  Why do flightless birds have wings and whales have hind legs?

Your Methods:

It is very difficult to read your posts.  Your last post consisted of two large copy and pastes whose readibility suffers in its new format.  Furthermore, your main source is the Discovery Institute, a conservative think tank whose stated goal is to "turn away from a materialistic worldview and replace it with a worldview with Christian and theistic convictions."

The goal of science is not to create worldview opposed to religion, it is only to reveal truths about our world.  Science would lead us to intelligent design and other 'religiously inspired' ideas if they were true, but since science seeks truth it is often at odds with these religious ideas.

The Discovery Institute is not mysource. I use them as a refferrence so that I don't have to type out the ideas from the books that I have. When you get to Microbiology and have to explain things like the Blood Cascade it is better to use a Web Page as there are way too many processes.

As to the coccyx that  cut and paste came from Wikipedia and it is pretty much the same in all of the Encyclopedias I have seen. About the rest- I only gave information about what I knew and I said I would look the rest of it up.

CHUII, please answer my questions about fossils and species:

What do you think happens to species then?  That God is involved in a endless cycle of killing species and replacing them with new ones?  What about the early homo species that we have found?  Did God create humans, kill them off, and create new humans that were a little different each time until he got to us?

Around the Network

Wow, how did this get revived?

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

Considering I'm an athiest, Evolution.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

appolose said:

It was important that Jesus was dead for three days before he was raised from the dead.  In ancient times, people would visit their dead relatives for three days because, due to the lack of medical understanding, many people that were thought to be dead would actually wake up.  However, if you didnt wake up in three days you were considered dead without a doubt.

This thread rose from the dead after 5 days, making it more miraculous than Jesus.

ManusJustus said:
appolose said:

It was important that Jesus was dead for three days before he was raised from the dead.  In ancient times, people would visit their dead relatives for three days because, due to the lack of medical understanding, many people that were thought to be dead would actually wake up.  However, if you didnt wake up in three days you were considered dead without a doubt.

This thread rose from the dead after 5 days, making it more miraculous than Jesus.

Yeah, but did this thread suffer through a crucifixion? ;)

But, I could swear this was a very old thread; must be much longer than 5 days.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

I'm sure there's at least one much older evolution thread; it's one of those topics that gets a new thread every once in a while. Maybe that's what you're thinking of...

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!