By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's Pachter time boys and girls... Wii motion plus is....

... going to be huge

“I think around 20 percent of Wii owners in the US and Europe will have bought Wii Sports Resort, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 or EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis, so that’s around eight million. I think another two million will buy MotionPlus with new consoles. I expect MotionPlus to be a sneaky success (like Wii Fit), and ultimately attach to at least one third of the [Wii’s] installed base.” - Wedbush Morgan analyst, Michael Pachter

Even the EEDAR agrees, but at a long term:

“At this time, we do know that pre-orders are relatively strong, compared to other Wii products,” he told Edge. “By the end of the holidays, the Wii MotionPlus install base in North America and Europe should be well over three million. Of course, our forecast could be conservative... Yearly sales could balloon much higher.

“For the Wii MotionPlus, we currently expect the install base to reach over 11 million units by the end of Nintendo’s next fiscal year in March 2011, a 15 percent penetration.”

Honestly I didn't know that the pre-orders were strong for WSR, anyway quite big numbers for an add-on

http://www.edge-online.com/news/analyst-ten-million-motionplus-sales-in-2009

Around the Network

Has he been right about anything yet? If no then this is bad news for Motion +

So, it's gonna be a flop.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

Did this small piece of optimism help Nintendo stock recover today? Not really, when it actually launches in July? Most certainly it will.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Look, its got to do better than Wii Music and that will be enough to bump optimism for the time being.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:

He's obviously wrong as always.

Motion Plus will sell 40 million copies, not a measly 10 as he predicts.

appolose said:
So, it's gonna be a flop.

Maybe, It's like a Reverse Nostradamus for the videogame industry

Vetteman94 said:

well no he really isn't right often.  ha actually he is the most accurate person in the business, which deserves a laugh.

but hell it seems all analysts are always wrong on nintendo stuff, and in the way where they underestimate the sales.  And look at Wii Music, i would say 2.65 or whatever million is pretty good for a massive failure flop game huh.  

Wii Sports Resort will be huge

He says it will be a hit???

Damn... WM+ is doomed...

4 ≈ One