By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Sniper update for Team Fortress 2!

Cool, meet the spy is now official. I've been eager to download this in HD.

Around the Network

Also, on the board of trouble there are things like "LEAKED VIDEO", "JARATE", "LOST DRACULA", "FOUND DRACULA"

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

So, is the Pyro male or female? Haha! (Be sure to view the image so you can see the full board)

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Hungry Red Heavy is a robot again.
Seriously its fun making sentences out of the problem board

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

www.teamfortress.com

Getting to the bottom of things
May 18, 2009 - Robin Walker

As many of you know, the Meet the Spy video was leaked this weekend. Some of you on the forum have wondered if Valve leaked it on purpose. And until we find the clown who did leak it, the answer to that is yes.

Others of you have started a petition to stop Valve from firing anyone over the leak. Once again, this just goes to show you how valuable customer feedback is to us—we hadn't even thought of doing that, but once you see it there in print, it's a fantastic idea. I've been asking people all morning who was responsible and come up empty. But now that I've started firing people, they can't name names fast enough. So far I've got sixty-seven names in the "suspicious" category, fifteen in "very suspicious", and another forty-three I'd been wanting to fire anyway.

I'll keep you posted as I track down the culprit. Rest assured, though: Until I find the person responsible, I vow that Valve will stop work on all projects.

Getting warmer
May 18, 2009 - Robin Walker

Valve's head of HR, Kathy, just came to talk to me. I'd been lining up employees in a row against the wall so I could run past and fire them faster.

"You're fired you're fired you're fired you're fired oh hi, Kathy. What's up?"

"I'm a little concerned that you're mistreating your authority." I nodded, then reminded her that we'd talked about her using smaller words.

"We think you've gone mad with power," she said, talking slowly and using her hands. That's when I knew: She was in on it. Best not to take any chances, I thought, as I reached for my firing stick.

I've been working through the staff in alphabetical order. So far I'm up to the L's. I told Marc Laidlaw I had a book in my office I wanted him to see. I didn't tell him the name of that book: Marc Laidlaw, You Are Fired, by Robin Walker.

-------------------------------------
These are posted on the Team Fortress blog. Gotta love Valve's sense of humor (but is he serious about stopping work on all projects? Haha).

"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Around the Network

They have to keep up with Valve time somehow..... This is the scapegoat.

DAY 6 - The Ambassador

Put two wheels on this thing and it's a cannon.

There are two sorts of men in this world: the sort with blood pouring out of a hole in their heads, and the sort holding the Ambassador. It has the ammo count of a revolver and the pinpoint accuracy of a sniper rifle, even at long range. (But remember, a gun that packs this much heat needs to cool off between shots, so make every shot count.)

With its rosewood grip and likeness of your enemy’s mother (please send photo) engraved on the barrel, the Ambassador is eight motherloving pounds of steel your enemies won’t want to negotiate with.

Man, that's a sweet looking gun!

Did you guys notice the "Leaked video" and "is fired" boxes in the board? They were added after the video leaked. It would be funny it they were actually there before, but I don't think so.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Haha, nice gun :D

I love being the spy, but I think I'm going to love being a pyro and getting an ungodly amount of kills for 2 weeks straight even more.