By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Million Seller Games Thread

Toddifer said:
ElGranCabeza said:
Toddifer said:
atma998 said:
Toddifer said:
Looks like the Wii snagged it's 80th million seller this week...

Yeah I,m a little disapointed too. There is a couple of games stuck in the 0.95M-0.99M range (Endless Ocean, Sega Superstars Tennis, Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII, Madden NFL 08, GT Pro Series, The Simpsons Game and Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution).  

But here is some games that will reach the mark in the upcoiming weeks: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition, Carbela's Big Game Hunter 2010, Guitar Hero 5 and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Yeah I don't really see The Simpons or Madden '08 reaching a million at this point.

Madden 08 has a chance on both PS3 and Wii because the Others number is not up to date, if/when ioi gives us the weekly data, it might just push it over 1 million.

Curious to know your prediction on how MHTri will end up selling...

Worldwide or US/EU only?

Around the Network
ElGranCabeza said:
Toddifer said:
ElGranCabeza said:
Toddifer said:
atma998 said:
Toddifer said:

Yeah I,m a little disapointed too. There is a couple of games stuck in the 0.95M-0.99M range (Endless Ocean, Sega Superstars Tennis, Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII, Madden NFL 08, GT Pro Series, The Simpsons Game and Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution).  

But here is some games that will reach the mark in the upcoiming weeks: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition, Carbela's Big Game Hunter 2010, Guitar Hero 5 and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Yeah I don't really see The Simpons or Madden '08 reaching a million at this point.

Madden 08 has a chance on both PS3 and Wii because the Others number is not up to date, if/when ioi gives us the weekly data, it might just push it over 1 million.

Worldwide or US/EU only?

Why not both? :) I mean it doesn't seem like Tri is going to move a significant amount more in Japan, so we have a pretty good idea of what that number will be already.

Bah!

Toddifer said:
ElGranCabeza said:
Toddifer said:
ElGranCabeza said:
Toddifer said:
atma998 said:
Toddifer said:

Worldwide or US/EU only?

Why not both? :) I mean it doesn't seem like Tri is going to move a significant amount more in Japan, so we have a pretty good idea of what that number will be already.

Haha yeah I think Tri might end up with around 1.2-1.5 million in Japan alone after a cheaper re release. Though I'm not confident on 1.5 million because MHP3 might kill its sales, 1.2 million seems to be the safer bet so I'm gonna go ahead and say it'll end up selling around 1.3 million in Japan. In the US pre orders were 80k last week I think so we can expect 1st week of 130k or so + another let's say 70k in EU and first week of 200k seems to be a good guess. I think LTD in the West will be well over MHP2 or MHP2G, I've seen plenty of commercials for it and they're actually good and catchy, the NIntendo marketing has been pretty good for this game. Plus the Wii has a humongous userbase and software sells better on it in the West than it does on PSP, so I'm gonna guess it'll do significantly better than previous iterations (.68 for MHP2G), so MHTri should do about 1 million at least in the West, so my prediction will be at the very least 2 million WW, more realistic I expect 2.5 million WW. What is your prediction?

I was thinking about the same. I'm really kinda hoping it breaks out in the West with Tri. I agree that the commercials have been good, catchy, and it's a good campaign. I'd like to see it top 3 million total, and I think it might. I'm gonna be optimistic and say 3-3.5 million.

Bah!

Weekly update:

2M: God of War III

Very quiet week...

Around the Network

Looks like COD: MWR will wait until next week (so damn close!)

Bah!

Weekly update:

1M: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Wii)

2M: Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)

Cardio Workout also made it to 1 mil this week if you combine others with the rest of the world.

jorge_dmtz said:
Cardio Workout also made it to 1 mil this week if you combine others with the rest of the world.

You're right! Thanks for the info. The game was added to the Wii million seller. There are now 81 million seller on the Wii.

I wonder why they are counting them seperately?

Weekly update:

2M: Battlefield: Bad Company (X360)

1M: God of War Collection (PS3)