By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Flop or not: Formula 1 2009 on the Wii

Codemasters will release F1 2009 on Wii (and PSP) this year with PS3, 360 and PC following in early 2010. The later versions (including PSP) will probably do fine, just as previous versions did. Nothing groundbreaking, but simply satisfactory in sales terms.

My flop or not question however focusses on the Wii. Third party games have, in general, not been selling as good as the large userbase would suggest. So let's discuss, flop or not?

P.s: to Wii owners, would you buy it? I have a Wii, but I am going to wait for the PC or PS3 version.

Edit: Linky, http://www.formula1-game.com/

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Around the Network

To be honest I don't care... This is to be my first F1 games since F1WGP2 on the N64, so as long as the game exists.

That game has the 1998 season, so 11 years (and amazingly, 3 of the current drivers were there back in 1998 too)

Anyhow, it should do ok, I don't expect anything amazing, maybe 500k.

I`m definatly getting it if it has online with 22 players

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

^It doesn't.

Or at least there has been no mention of online for the Wii version.

I'm not too fussed in this particular case, but it is certainly going to be a decision maker for some people if online isn't added.

koopatrooper said:
I`m definatly getting it if it has online with 22 players

Even if it would have an online mode, I doubt you could play with 22 players...this year there are only 10 teams and hence just 20 drivers

Well but concerning the question whether I would by it or not: well, if it would be a proper simulation...then yes, I would definately buy it. But since the last real F1 simulation was "Grand Prix 4" for the PC back in 2002 and the consoles have never even got one at all, I doubt we'll get a realistic racing game here.

Around the Network

So why do you have a wii if your not going to take advantage of it's controls

i'll get it and i'll get it on the PS3 lol

flop, looks gut wrenching awful

mjdans said:
So why do you have a wii if your not going to take advantage of it's controls

I am taking advantage of the Logitech G25 steering wheel I have for PS3 and PC. I am also a graphics whore, especially when it comes to F1 which I love.

I have the Wii for other games. Just asking this question since this is a site that focusses on sales and I am interested in sales.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

I will not get it. However I am not a very good indication. My favorite driving experience this gen was "Disaster: Day of Crisis".

Driving through Tsunamis, Floods and Volcanic Eruptions with motion control, that's what I call entertainment.