By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why there aren´t Wi Points Cards in Latin America?

Anyone know why? The Wii Points Card even come in spanish and it can be used on Latin American Wii´s so why they aren´t distribuited in Latin American when the Xbox Live card are distribuited?

Around the Network

I don't know...

You can still use a credit/debit card I assume? If you don't have either then that would hamper things.

sethnintendo said:
You can still use a credit/debit card I assume? If you don't have either then that would hamper things.

But the people believe is insecure.

I think it would be a little more secure than using it on most websites. I am not sure how someone would even hack into the Wii Shop Channel for people's credit card information.

Around the Network

xbox live are imports.

wii card are sold here, but are imports also.

only latin american country with no import PSN cards it's mexico.

I dunno and it really pisses me off ):
I understand that unlike MS, we don't have a "Nintendo of mexico" but why neither of the "official distributors" dared to bring them here?! Is just annoying.

You still can find them on "mercado libre" or in flea markets but they sell the 2000 pts one at almost 50 dls! (600 pesos!) where's the value in that?

I hope Nintendo do something soon.

Someone in another thread (the PSN store problem thread) suggested the person to get one of those prepaid credit cards that you can put 25,50,75 or 100 dollars on and use that. That seems like a better option than paying 50 dollars for 20 dollars in wii points.  Although not sure if that would work since you have to put an address.  Unless if you use one of those cards maybe you don't have to fill out that section.

well, videogame stores sell them in my country, overpriced, but atleast they sell them, there is no official distributor though.

sethnintendo said:

Someone in another thread (the PSN store problem thread) suggested the person to get one of those prepaid credit cards that you can put 25,50,75 or 100 dollars on and use that. That seems like a better option than paying 50 dollars for 20 dollars in wii points.  Although not sure if that would work since you have to put an address.  Unless if you use one of those cards maybe you don't have to fill out that section.

i got one there is a problem  you need a billing address to use the service in the US that should match with your VISA or mastercard, and you have figure that out with your bank.