By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pearl Jam Rock Band project due next year

pearljammer said:

Hilarious video on the funniest misheard lyrics in the song 'Yellow Ledbetter'

I was going to post this video, but I was too lazy to find it on Youtube. That is one of my favorite videos. Evaaarrr.

The last part where he starts mumbling in a confused and slurred way "I don't know all the words......... yet." I died, literally died of laughter. Well not literally, but you get the idea.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
pearljammer said:
axumblade said:
pearljammer said:
axumblade said:
@PearlJammer

I'm not saying that they aren't a great band. I'm just saying that there are some bands that need to be covered in my opinion before Pearl Jam even gets mentioned. I really think there should be a Rock Band or Guitar Hero for the Rolling Stones and/or Queen (even if there is a Singstar Queen).

I can understand where you're coming from there. Both, are undoubtedly much bigger bands than Pearl Jam but I think there's more to it than just snagging the biggest bands. The Rolling Stones, for example, would no doubt require a heafty share to publish a Rockband game.

Pearl Jam on the otherhand, not so much. Plus Pearl Jam are currently celebrating their 20th year and are looking for avenues in which to celebrate it. Add to that, Pearl Jam have quite a sizable devouted fanbase who are likely to buy this game. Hell there are many fans who buy all of their live albums (there are hundreds and hundreds of them). Plus they have a bit of mainstream pull as well, with their earlier works. A far cry from either Queen or the Rolling Stones, but it's still there.

Obviously I'm biased here (points to username) but I think the release will be justified with sales once it comes out. Just don't expect it to compare to the Beatles

They are a great band no doubt about it. I don't think it would be too hard to make a Queen Rock Band game honestly. I know the Rolling Stones are way particular about their music. I remember when The Verve made the song Bittersweet Symphony, and it sounded like the instrumental from a Rolling Stones song and once the lawyers were done, The Verve got NOTHING from the song. x.o

Yikes. I liked that song too. The video was pretty good too, from what I can remember.

I'm not a huge Stones fan. There are a few songs that I really enjoy, but not a whole lot. Queen on the other hand... I'm still hoping for a NA release of Queen Singstar.

Why'd we get ABBA, but not Queen?

I think it's because of Mamma Mia. Last year Abba were huge because of that movie. My store couldn't keep the Abba cds in stock..so I figure that's why they released it. Singstar Queen would be awesome if we had bundles for it. Queen are freaking awesome. everyone should know at least 2 Queen songs.

Ah. I'd forgotten about Mamma Mia.

I'd say knowing only two many even be underhanding their mainstream appeal. People may not be able to place the band with the song, but surely everyone is familiar with 'We are the Champions' 'Another One Bites the Champions' 'Bohemian Rhapsody' 'We Will Rock You' and maybe 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' among others. Much like the Beatles, I'd imagine most people are at least familiar with several songs... I think.

wfz said:
pearljammer said:

Hilarious video on the funniest misheard lyrics in the song 'Yellow Ledbetter'

I was going to post this video, but I was too lazy to find it on Youtube. That is one of my favorite videos. Evaaarrr.

The last part where he starts mumbling in a confused and slurred way "I don't know all the words......... yet." I died, literally died of laughter. Well not literally, but you get the idea.

Yeah, the entire thing is really brilliant. "Potato wave" and "Make me fries" still gets me all the time. "Anna Nicole's mama said that I won't wanna see Anna fall down again" was another, like the one you pointed out, had me laughing uncontrollably.

It has nearly ruined the song for me.

axumblade said:
pearljammer said:
axumblade said:
@PearlJammer

I'm not saying that they aren't a great band. I'm just saying that there are some bands that need to be covered in my opinion before Pearl Jam even gets mentioned. I really think there should be a Rock Band or Guitar Hero for the Rolling Stones and/or Queen (even if there is a Singstar Queen).

I can understand where you're coming from there. Both, are undoubtedly much bigger bands than Pearl Jam but I think there's more to it than just snagging the biggest bands. The Rolling Stones, for example, would no doubt require a heafty share to publish a Rockband game.

Pearl Jam on the otherhand, not so much. Plus Pearl Jam are currently celebrating their 20th year and are looking for avenues in which to celebrate it. Add to that, Pearl Jam have quite a sizable devouted fanbase who are likely to buy this game. Hell there are many fans who buy all of their live albums (there are hundreds and hundreds of them). Plus they have a bit of mainstream pull as well, with their earlier works. A far cry from either Queen or the Rolling Stones, but it's still there.

Obviously I'm biased here (points to username) but I think the release will be justified with sales once it comes out. Just don't expect it to compare to the Beatles

They are a great band no doubt about it. I don't think it would be too hard to make a Queen Rock Band game honestly. I know the Rolling Stones are way particular about their music. I remember when The Verve made the song Bittersweet Symphony, and it sounded like the instrumental from a Rolling Stones song and once the lawyers were done, The Verve got NOTHING from the song. x.o

well the stones got taken to the cleaners by kd lang for their song "has anybody seen my baby" ripping off "constant craving" so all's fair lol

when this comes out I might just pick up rock band for the first time. My wife and I both <3 PJ

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

axumblade said:
pearljammer said:

IMO Queen need another revival. I'm sure it will happen. You also forgot 'Fat Bottom Girls' (which I think Mika took the idea of his song Big Girls You Are Beautiful for) and 'Bicycle.' But I get it. :-p

@Spankey, Really? I love both of those songs. But I never actually thought they had anything in common with each other.

yup - compare:

Stones chorus: "(has-anybody) SEEEEENNN MYYYYYY BAAAAY-BEEEE"

vs.

kd lang chorus "CONNNNN-STANNNNNNNNT CRAAAAAAA-VINNNNNNNNG"

was good enough for teh lawyers

from Wiki

"The Rolling Stones later unwittingly used a refrain very similar to that of "Constant Craving" in their 1997 single "Anybody Seen My Baby?". After discovering this, they gave writing credits on that song to k.d. lang and Mink, shared with the original authors Mick Jagger and Keith Richards."

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

The milking is getting out of control, for real, it's so boring now. They should give these franchises a rest.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Remember: Lego Rockband and Rockband PSP on top of The Beatles Rockband. All this year.

On the GH side, the milking is terrible and perhaps the worst on any videogaming franchise since videogames exist.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I don't understand the problem with milking a franchise so long as it remains a quality product.

If you like the new releases, buy them. If not, don't. Quite simple really and no harm done.

axumblade said:
pearljammer said:
I don't understand the problem with milking a franchise so long as it remains a quality product.

If you like the new releases, buy them. If not, don't. Quite simple really and no harm done.

4 words

Guitar Hero Van Halen.

*shudders*

Haha. I certainly couldn't care for Van Halen but I just simply won't buy it.

If they continue to release ones like The Beatles, Pearl Jam and perhaps The Who or Queen, I'll be thankful they're milking it... despite the Van Halen's and Aerosmith's.

I want Muse!