By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rockstar is mocking Jack Thompson... Classic

They should be protected under parody status. Besides, I doubt there's a court in this country that takes Thompson seriously anymore... Have you read some of the stuff he has filed with the courts over the years? They're not only poorly written but they sound like the ravings of a madman (maybe because they are).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

He doesn't have to win the legal case to be effective. All of the people, such as parents, who are in any small way worried about violent video games and their effect of children will read and watch on the news about how you can kill a real life figure in a 'photo realistic' video game. If you can imagine that story spun by the alarmist, conservative media then you can see how he will gain a fair few supporters for his cause.

I don't know why they're baiting him in such an obvious way, maybe the controversy really does help sell games. Just seems a bit petty to me.

rocketpig said:

Whoever has that image of Orson Welles clapping needs to post it in tribute of Rockstar.

You rang?

This is just sad, its like watching a Puppet Master pull the strings to make the puppet dance.

At least Jack is doing some good for the gaming community. He is providing publicity for GTA IV!

To Each Man, Responsibility

that's great XD

i predict it stays, can you imagine what would end up a federal supreme court over the 1st amendment would do for R*?

Around the Network

read his actual response... "will result in my having to take necessary and proper means... blah blah... given the copycatting of violent games."

it's a pandemic!

As Kotoku and some people in this thread mentioned.. it almost seems like the whole reason behind this is for the free publicity