By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bungie has special surprise planned before Halo 3

Bungie employee Luke Smith (yes the same Luke Smith who left 1UP for a community-based position at Bungie, which had a lot of people asking questions) had this to say today on NeoGAF's forums:

"Sunday at Noon. Daily Content on Bnet between now and launch including Matchmaking Playlist reveals (maybe Tyson will write something on them, I gotta ask him tomorrowz), Networking, Saved Films, Guide and Tour of Bungie.net, more Forge, First Ever Halo 3 Humpday on brand new Forged Gametypes with films of Rocket Race, new 2 hour podcast with Joe Staten, Marty O'Donnell and Chris Gossett talking about the new Bnet, the next Blomkamp and finally, a long awaited pre-launch surprise."*

What could the long awaiited pre-launch surprise be?  My guess is new clan support for the game which will become standard across all new Xbox Live games which want to use it.  But I might be wrong and that could be mentioned in the "Matchmaking Playlist reveals".  Anyways it should be interesting to find out what it is.

*source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7883056&postcount=10861

Around the Network

Awesome can't wait til Sunday, which i always look forward to for football =D but this is an hour before the game so right on sweet news! I use to love reading the humpday challenges back in the day when H2 first came out. Bungie usually got their ass handed to them which was funny to watch. Thanks legend for this awesome news. O man new new playlists =)

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

HALO 4 :()

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Ishy said:

This is completely off-topic but I'm really curious to know what Bungie has in store for their next Halo game... They've said multiple times that the Master Chief story is a trilogy and that he will be done after H3.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Ishy said:

This is completely off-topic but I'm really curious to know what Bungie has in store for their next Halo game... They've said multiple times that the Master Chief story is a trilogy and that he will be done after H3.

Oni 2.

Around the Network

I completely forgot that Bungie developed Oni.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Ishy said:

Nope, Halo 3 is it, at least for master chief.  They will be doing only spinoffs i.e.  "Halo Wars"

HALO 4 5 AND 6, THE NEXT TRILOGY

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
HALO 4 5 AND 6, THE NEXT TRILOGY

Yeah pretty much.  Halo 3 is it for Master Chief.  That doesn't mean they aren't going to make Master Commander and do the exact same thing again.  In fact, I'm sure they will.  It's too profitable for them to stop.

Master Petty Lieutenant -- The Early Years

Actually, I'm wondering if they might not release a new Marathon...