By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 40Gb PS3 rumours growing arms and legs!

If Sony enters a price war, I'm going to buy some puts on Sony for sure.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:

@Viper: Sony also said that they'd be going with only 1 SKU back at e3'05. Then e3'06 came along and everything changed. Why couldn't that happen again?

At that point, it was untested.  Sony specifically stated at E3'07 that the 1 SKU method was what consumers wanted and what's best for Sony.

Also, MS dual SKU method involved a developmental divide with the have and have nots (HDD's) and Sony was more or less alluding to not creating seperate options like that which is why every PS3 regardless of model will have the same standards.

Do you also recall them saying they'll be offering several models at once?  I do.   They talked of having a whole line up of various models for different market types.  Some bare bottom and others with as many bells and whistles as they can add.  That didn't really play out either. 

I'll never understand why people are going nuts over this SKU that is rumored by an MS exec.  Should we started speculating what MS will do next time Sony says somethign about them? 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

FishyJoe said:
If Sony enters a price war, I'm going to buy some puts on Sony for sure.

hahaha... lol 

the Wii is an epidemic.