By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why US and Japan Wii slowdown could be different. Fin. Res. Iwata 09

Sure, sooner or later, the sales will slow down in the US too.

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 03rd Jan 2009 to 02nd May 2009:

Console Wii PS3 X360
Japan

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Jan 2008 to 03rd May 2008:

Console Wii PS3 X360
Japan

ConsoleWeekTotal
129 3,161,162
126 8,019,478
177 1,040,918

8 million to 3 million...

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

I don't think people on here actually believe the situation in Japan and USA is similar for the wii at all. Another thing is that wii was still really supply constrained at this time in the USA in 2008.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

megaman79 said:
^what? Its clear Nintendo IS doing their homework on market expansion. I think thats incorrect actually, of course we both originate from countries that barstardized the Queens english.

Sorry to get into a grammar disscusion, but here is how it goes.

"It" is for singulat first person as in "She is playing a DS." "Are" is used for Singlular second person and all forms of plural. So, in singular, you would say, "You are playing a DS." Since Nintendo is singular, you use "is." A company is singular because you are talking about just the single object, not everyone involved. If you want to make it plural, you must say "The people at Nintendo are doing their homework." Ask yourself this: How many "Nintendos" are there. Is there one, or is Nintendo multiple things?

Smashchu2 said:
megaman79 said:
^what? Its clear Nintendo IS doing their homework on market expansion. I think thats incorrect actually, of course we both originate from countries that barstardized the Queens english.

Sorry to get into a grammar disscusion, but here is how it goes.

"It" is for singulat first person as in "She is playing a DS." "Are" is used for Singlular second person and all forms of plural. So, in singular, you would say, "You are playing a DS." Since Nintendo is singular, you use "is." A company is singular because you are talking about just the single object, not everyone involved. If you want to make it plural, you must say "The people at Nintendo are doing their homework." Ask yourself this: How many "Nintendos" are there. Is there one, or is Nintendo multiple things?

Ha! its is, not it

OT: Where do they get the age info?

Romance is like playing Mastermind except the girl never tells you which pegs you got right. - Seanbaby

megaman79 said:
well in most cases journalists are saying the death of Wii in japan will automatically lead to its death overseas. Iwata is basically challenging this theory.

Most journalists work for a company that either MS or Sony have an impact or distant relation to ;)

Journalists are as useful as homeless people. No, actually, at least homeless people will wash your windshield from time to time.