By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo should require all games to use Wii motion plus.

They should it would make the gameplay so much better. You also get what you payed for like if your going to buy Wii motion plus there might be only some games that uses Wii motion plus so thats a waste now if they made all the games use it you will be playing all those game with 1:1.

Oh and Nintendo should require all online games to use Wiispeak.

Around the Network

yes and yes...

but they wont

Um no. I'd like to think one of the best things about Wii is full developer creativity in not requiring them to do anything like that. Although this does allow a lot of crappy games in there as well, it allows for very innovative ones as well. It's a tradeoff I'm willing to take if I continue to get things like No More Heroes, Boom Blox, and Madworld.

Let developers decide when they need it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Well, They could make it optional for players to either use it or not.

Around the Network

Eww.. that's a terrible idea.

Edit before I get banned: I agree that it should be up to developers to make that decision. While motion+ really benefits some games, it could really break a game depending on the genre. Mandatory usage of motion+ would ruin the Wii's image.

chasmatic12 said:

Edit before I get banned: I agree that it should be up to developers to make that decision. While motion+ really benefits some games, it could really break a game depending on the genre. Mandatory usage of motion+ would ruin the Wii's image.

why would you get banned?

My post was:

It just seems like a useless and insulting post. No need for it.

But I agree that forcing standards is against the very purpose of the Wii. Nintendo wants to inspire creativity, not shackle developers to what the vocal gaming community thinks is the best.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Nintendo was hated in 90's for standards and now they're hated for not forcing standards.
*sigh*

While I believe 3rd Party should use whatever they think is necessary Nintendo developed (1st Party, 2nd Party) games should use their damn peripherals. If its got online use Wiispeak if its a normal game use WM+ if Balance Board will help use it. Dont just fucking leave there and never use em again yourselves.