By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2 great video's)

10 hours to complete the game? :(

Hopefully they fix the horrendous AI and any other problems in the game before release.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
There are two things that I'm really glad to see in this video:

1) Puzzles. The early videos looked like nothing but room to room mediocre gunfights. If it has no puzzles, it's not much of an adventure game. I'm really happy to see some in this finally.

2) Diverse environments. Well, not particularly diverse, but certainly a lot more so than what we saw in the early trailers. At least a change of scenery.

My only other concern with the game is the AI, which seems very predictable, repetitive, and slow to act.

It definitely seems like the graphics improved a lot too.

See we both agreed that we had to wait in the other Uncharted thread :D

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

The article says that it is very like tomb raider. It does a lot right but is not a perfect game by any means. The reviewer also talks about how an estimated game length of ten hours may not be enough for many people, particularly with this kind of game. He doesnt reach a conclusion of his own but certainly raises doubts about the value for money of this game. The developer being interviewed claimed that the amount that goes into a game like this limits its potential length. So it would appear from this interview/review that blu ray space is irrelevant, as time and money constraints place a limit on game length for the PS3 anyway.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

And the fact that i can beat Halo faster then HS, does that mean Halo should of been rated low?

GranTurismo said:
And the fact that i cab beat Halo faster then HS, does that mean Halo should of been rated low?

While I agree with you that Halo is too short, it's not really comparable.  Halo is a multiplayer game, and it's value is based on it's multiplayer.  Once you beat HS.... that's it.  IMO any single player game that's under 15 hours is not worth full price unless they do something incredible to increase replay value.

Around the Network

I like the fact that we are starting to see some puzzles. At one point in the video he moves a statue around and then looks in a book. If this is Tomb Raider 2.0 then it looks like the PS3 is going to get quite a gem. Especially considering that the developers seem to be having a sense of humor in regards to his fighting style (getting kicked in the groin...etc). Once the FMV's start I expect a bit of witty dialogue. Should be fun all around.

Man, this game looks more amazing every time I see it. The dungeon environments looks so amazing. Glad to see the game will have more to do than just shooting as well.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

naznatips said:
GranTurismo said:
And the fact that i cab beat Halo faster then HS, does that mean Halo should of been rated low?

While I agree with you that Halo is too short, it's not really comparable.  Halo is a multiplayer game, and it's value is based on it's multiplayer.  Once you beat HS.... that's it.  IMO any single player game that's under 15 hours is not worth full price unless they do something incredible to increase replay value.

Thank God God of War 1 +2 (confusing) did that. I could replay those games about 100 times. But I do think that God of War 2 was about twelve hours and had a bigger replay value then GoW 1 in my opinion

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Hus said:
starcraft said:
graphics look pretty good, but is it me or are all the death animations weird and delayed?
oh and does anyone know if this game is longer than 6 hours or if it has multiplayer?

Now thats truely a AAA troll job, ohh yes.

Game looks great, cant wait to see it running on my tv these vids never do these game any justice.

Yes, we can't have people asking about a game in a thread about that game...thats clearly trolling.

/sarcasm off

Just because a statement casts something in a bad light does not make it trolling.  He was just asking questions.  For all you know he could be asking because he is interested in the game but is concerned about those two things.  

Now if he had said "Do we know if the game is longer than 6 hours and/or has multiplayer? Or are we gonna have another Heavenly Sword only minus the sword and add temples?".  That would be a troll comment because its entire purpose is to annoy people and it also unfairly categorizes Uncharted when the answers to the questions haven't been addressed...let alone the fact that nobody has played it.

On topic:

I'm pretty interested to see reviews as this one seems to have a bit of potential but tbh the fighting controls worry me a bit.  Nothing specifically looks wrong with the controls mind you, but looking at the moves he does it seems like getting the controls to be responcive and tight will go a long way to making this a great game.   

To Each Man, Responsibility

I'm looking forward to this game. It's the one PS3 title that I'm genuinely excited about (that is releasing this year, that is).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/