By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Duke Nukem Never -- 3D Realms Shut Down

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58519

Duke Nukem Developer 3D Realms Shuts Down

(Update 3)

May 06, 2009 8:23pm CST 

Update 3: 3D Realms webmaster Joe Siegler has commented on the shut down, stating: "It's not a marketing thing. It's true. I have nothing further to say at this time."

Siegler's post also reflects the unexpected nature of the situation, as he was unaware of the impending shut down during an interview conducted yesterday afternoon.

Looks like this one stays vaporware forever.

At least people won't wonder what system it will be for.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

MS or SONY should buy the game

Hail to the King, Baby.

Stop getting so excited about a Kid Icarus remake... the original NES Icarus sucked.

So close!! We almost had it.

I was talking about my girlfriend's first orgasm. Shame about 3D Realms, too. I liked the old 3rd person Duke Nukem games on the PS1. I'd have bought it. Guess this goes on the list with Starcraft Ghost for games I really wanted, but can never have.

Is this the third or fourth thread about this?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Good riddance. An overhyped title like this would have probably sucked anyway.

LOL.

With all due respect to the fine, unfortunate employees of 3D Realms, Duke Nukem has just become immortalized as the poster boy for vapourware, oft-delays, mismanagement and probably a half dozen other industry ills.

I doubt Duke Nukem Forever would have even sold well at this point. The franchise is so stale and outdated now it'd be more of a curiousity than a FPS contender.

I don't care if the game ever comes out but I'd love to see a documentary on Duke Nukem and what went wrong for sooooo long.

Gamerace said:
LOL.

With all due respect to the fine, unfortunate employees of 3D Realms, Duke Nukem has just become immortalized as the poster boy for vapourware, oft-delays, mismanagement and probably a half dozen other industry ills.

I doubt Duke Nukem Forever would have even sold well at this point. The franchise is so stale and outdated now it'd be more of a curiousity than a FPS contender.

I don't care if the game ever comes out but I'd love to see a documentary on Duke Nukem and what went wrong for sooooo long.

A documentary is on the works, probably is going to be released some time in the very near future...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
d21lewis said:
So close!! We almost had it.

I was talking about my girlfriend's first orgasm
. Shame about 3D Realms, too. I liked the old 3rd person Duke Nukem games on the PS1. I'd have bought it. Guess this goes on the list with Starcraft Ghost for games I really wanted, but can never have.

lol

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

@ SmokedHostage -- If it is, I apologize. But I had not seen nor did I see any thread before I posted.

@d21lewis -- Is that something you really want to be admitting? Think about what it says about your game-playing ability. 8*>

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV