By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - High Voltage is Doing a Astro Boy game?

I liked their Ben 10 adaptation, hoping a good game.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Onyxmeth said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
It worked for them for years, why stop now? Heck, they might have been allowed to do quality work this time.

We'll see.

Not likely. It's timed to coincide with the movie release most likely, and that is usually what keeps these games from being good, the time constraints. It's gue for this Fall no matter what. It's doubtful this will be anywhere near the genius of the Treasure developed GBA Astro Boy title.

Except they've had a lot of practice getting licensed games in on time, so even if they aren't allowed delays, it is possible they can do this well.

It's possible, but it's not very likely, and that is what I'm trying to say. High Voltage has a poor history in making licensed games, they are time contrained with a new one just as they probably were on past ones, so it's more likely it's average or crap than it is good.

This has nothing to do with the relative talent of High Voltage either. The Conduit, which they took their time on, can be exceptional. It's the nature of this Astro Boy game and the considerable percentage of horrible movie tie ins that has me doubting this will be anything worth purchasing in the fall.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

But as you stated, their poor history is more to what they are allowed to make. In terms of the industry, their reputation was pretty good, as they did their job.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I've known about the Astro Boy game for awhile so I'm sure it can't be that new of an announcement for HVS. Oh well.

LordTheNightKnight said:
But as you stated, their poor history is more to what they are allowed to make. In terms of the industry, their reputation was pretty good, as they did their job.

Right, and this Astro Boy game fits that mold rather well. I'm sure they have fantastic publisher pedigree for getting licensed tie ins out on time, but I was speaking more from a general gamer perspective and whether this game has a good chance of being well received by critics and consumers alike. I don't think it will be, because I think this is another "gotta pay the bills" project for them, and not something they are passionate about, like they are with the Conduit.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Weird I would usually think that an astro boy game would usually be developed by a Japanese developer.Still good for High Voltage.

Onyxmeth said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Right, and this Astro Boy game fits that mold rather well. I'm sure they have fantastic publisher pedigree for getting licensed tie ins out on time, but I was speaking more from a general gamer perspective and whether this game has a good chance of being well received by critics and consumers alike. I don't think it will be, because I think this is another "gotta pay the bills" project for them, and not something they are passionate about, like they are with the Conduit.

Okay, I thought for a little bit that you were one of those people trying to put them down.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Whoa, didn't see this coming.