By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - High Voltage is Doing a Astro Boy game?

I've watched a couple of episodes from this anime? It was pretty good and I liked the style. It also seemed like an old anime(that makes it better)

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:
High Voltage is known for their Movie based games... And you know how great movie based games end up.

actually I have seen a few get 8's so its basically a toss-up on the amount of time developers have. The next Harry Potter game has had like 2 years to develop which means it will be pretty damn good.

Since this is Astro Boy, a series that has been around for over 40 years, I dont see how they can screw this up. It will be a beat-em-up with some added abilities and maybe a few mini-games. Could be awesome.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

sorry High Voltage but Im only buying one of your games

Astro boy is one of the best gba games, this game will be great.

i thought it was 2 wii exclusives?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
It worked for them for years, why stop now? Heck, they might have been allowed to do quality work this time.

We'll see.

Not likely. It's timed to coincide with the movie release most likely, and that is usually what keeps these games from being good, the time constraints. It's gue for this Fall no matter what. It's doubtful this will be anywhere near the genius of the Treasure developed GBA Astro Boy title.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
It worked for them for years, why stop now? Heck, they might have been allowed to do quality work this time.

We'll see.

Not likely. It's timed to coincide with the movie release most likely, and that is usually what keeps these games from being good, the time constraints. It's gue for this Fall no matter what. It's doubtful this will be anywhere near the genius of the Treasure developed GBA Astro Boy title.

Except they've had a lot of practice getting licensed games in on time, so even if they aren't allowed delays, it is possible they can do this well.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

The last licensed game I remember coming from HVS is Ben 10: Protector of the Earth. It sold a million units on Wii:

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=12584&region=All

For whatever it's worth, the critical reception was quite poor. Check out the surprisingly favourable user reviews, though:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/ben10protectorofearth?q=ben%2010

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

griffinA said:
They gotta pay for the conduit some how...

QFT

Mediocre developer announces mediocre game. Shocking.