By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 holds all the aces up its sleeve.

Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Dark Chaos said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:

Sony's losses are only a drop in the bucket when considering MS's losses.  While Sony's losses are NOT small, it's there business model to keep pushing the industry forward with innovative and original games/gameplay.  It's been their pattern since the PS1.  Every new hot 1st/2nd party game will be the one that broke the camel's back for some people.  We shall see if original titles that push the envelope is what gamers want.  If these gamers only want the same old same old games, Sony's strategy may not work.

Personally, I think gamers don't just want the same old same old type games, so Sony's strategy will work.

ORLY??

Duh!  Everyone knows 2.9 Billion USD loss for Sony is NO WHERE NEAR AS BAD AS Microsofts $112 million USD profit!

Sure, just act like I didn't post the following:

You mean you aren't aware of it?  $5+ billion for Xbox.  AT LEAST $2 billion over the first 2 years of operation (NOT including the advertising expenses since they are tied into all of MS advertising costs).  $1+ billion for RRoD and E74.  Class action and regular lawsuits that have to pay out TWICE the GDP of Cambodia (total of over $9 billion).  Plus, there are NEW class action lawsuit popping up over the X360 as we post!

Lol, um.... links?  MS never paid upwards of 9 billion in class action lawsuits.  In fact, I don't think a single one regarding the 360 has ever been won, soo.....  Also, you claimed it as "Microsoft and Sony" not "Microsoft and Sony's Entertainment/Console division.

I was merely showing that even when the Xbox and 360 lost money originally, MS as a whole prospered while Sony as a whole is doing awful because of PS3 and the yen.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1048246/microsofts-lawsuit-payouts-amount-to-around--9-billion

They've paid out a LOT more since then and more are piling up.  They just can't stop being tyrants.

Here is a search on X360 class action lawsuits.

Here is a search on PS3 class action lawsuits. The funny thing is that it gives you MS/X360 class action lawsuits.

That's an article from 2005 about all lawsuits accross the board in the entire history of Microsoft as a company.  Funny though that even through all those lawsuits they are profitable while Sony is not.

They've not paid any lawsuits in regards to the 360.

Here is a search on PS3 and Sony losses.

Here is a search on Xbox 360 and MS losses.  The funny thing is that it gives you PS3/Sony losses as well.

Those X360 class action lawsuits are future money gone.  Why are you acting like close to $20 billion in losses is WAY less than Sony's few billion in losses?  It just doesn't make sense!

Uhhh... because Sony's 3 billion loss was one year.  This supposed 20 billion loss now and future for MS was over the entire history of the company over the decades and they still were profitable overall.  The 360 lawsuits will never see fruition.

MS may lose money to these things, but their company is STILL PROFITABLE as a whole!  Sony, on the other hand, is NOT PROFITABLE as a whole company.

How can you not see this?!  You are making no sense!!!!

Also, MS is moving to a 65nm combined CPU/GPU chip, not a 45nm process just yet.

And to finish you off, you link me to a forum post of a member that you claim has done accounting and "knows how much the blu-ray drives cost" yet the forum post has no evidence at all.  He merely states it with no evidence and expects you to believe it.  He also says $35 so it would still be a $30 loss, and that still doesn't account for retailers who likely purchase the system for $380, so a $50 loss minimum per console if this source is correct, which I doubt.  So, since that link didn't show me any evidence, I'm still waiting and will use iSupply's documented results over a baseless comment any day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxpower1987
a.k.a. Sir Patrick Moore

The iSupply figures are off by $35 because I say so!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice source, dude....

Around the Network

I thought the main goal was to make money.

4 ≈ One

Lol i love these threads!! Great lolz

nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Dark Chaos said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:

Sony's losses are only a drop in the bucket when considering MS's losses.  While Sony's losses are NOT small, it's there business model to keep pushing the industry forward with innovative and original games/gameplay.  It's been their pattern since the PS1.  Every new hot 1st/2nd party game will be the one that broke the camel's back for some people.  We shall see if original titles that push the envelope is what gamers want.  If these gamers only want the same old same old games, Sony's strategy may not work.

Personally, I think gamers don't just want the same old same old type games, so Sony's strategy will work.

ORLY??

Duh!  Everyone knows 2.9 Billion USD loss for Sony is NO WHERE NEAR AS BAD AS Microsofts $112 million USD profit!

You mean you aren't aware of it?  $5+ billion for Xbox.  AT LEAST $2 billion over the first 2 years of operation (NOT including the advertising expenses since they are tied into all of MS advertising costs).  $1+ billion for RRoD and E74.  Class action and regular lawsuits that have to pay out TWICE the GDP of Cambodia (total of over $9 billion).  Plus, there are NEW class action lawsuit popping up over the X360 as we post!

Lol, um.... links?  MS never paid upwards of 9 billion in class action lawsuits.  In fact, I don't think a single one regarding the 360 has ever been won, soo.....  Also, you claimed it as "Microsoft and Sony" not "Microsoft and Sony's Entertainment/Console division.

I was merely showing that even when the Xbox and 360 lost money originally, MS as a whole prospered while Sony as a whole is doing awful because of PS3 and the yen.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1048246/microsofts-lawsuit-payouts-amount-to-around--9-billion

They've paid out a LOT more since then and more are piling up.  They just can't stop being tyrants.

Here is a search on PS3 class action lawsuits. The funny thing is that it gives you MS/X360 class action lawsuits.

That's an article from 2005 about all lawsuits accross the board in the entire history of Microsoft as a company.  Funny though that even through all those lawsuits they are profitable while Sony is not.

Here is a search on Xbox 360 and MS losses.  The funny thing is that it gives you PS3/Sony losses as well.

Those X360 class action lawsuits are future money gone.  Why are you acting like close to $20 billion in losses is WAY less than Sony's few billion in losses?  It just doesn't make sense!

Uhhh... because Sony's 3 billion loss was one year.  This supposed 20 billion loss now and future for MS was over the entire history of the company over the decades and they still were profitable.  The 360 lawsuits will never see fruition.

MS may lose money to these things, but their company is STILL PROFITABLE as a whole!  Sony, on the other hand, is NOT PROFITABLE as a whole company.

Also, MS is moving to a 65nm combined CPU/GPU chip, not a 45nm process just yet.

And to finish you off, you link me to a forum post of a member that you claim has done accounting and "knows how much the blu-ray drives cost" yet the forum post has no evidence at all.  He merely states it with no evidence and expects you to believe it.  He also says $35 so it would still be a $30 loss.  So, since that link didn't show me any evidence, I'm still waiting and will use iSupply's document results over a baseless comment any day.

Maxpower1987
a.k.a. Sir Patrick Moore

Nice source, dude....

Are you saying that MS just started in 1999?  Plus, it matters when the court cases are over and not when they were filed!  I know MS isn't going to 45nm yet.  That's why I posted the link.  NOW, can you post a link on this 65nm COMBINED on one chip is suppose to happen for the X360?  I bet you can't because that would be one HUGE chip due to the HUGE eDRAM that can't be shrunk much more.

Since I think I'll be waiting a LONG time for you to provide evidence of a 65nm COMBINED GPU/CPU chip, I can move on to your next little part here.

This picture posting in order to try to discredit someone that is a Sony insider is JUST LIKE a X360 fanboy.  You can't face the information provided, so you try to discredit the source.  He has already been PROVEN (the website has even acknowledged him as such) to be a Sony insider by other insiders.  You can't discredit that, so just try to absorb the correct information.

Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Dark Chaos said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:

ORLY??

Uhhh... because Sony's 3 billion loss was one year.  This supposed 20 billion loss now and future for MS was over the entire history of the company over the decades and they still were profitable.  The 360 lawsuits will never see fruition.

And to finish you off, you link me to a forum post of a member that you claim has done accounting and "knows how much the blu-ray drives cost" yet the forum post has no evidence at all.  He merely states it with no evidence and expects you to believe it.  He also says $35 so it would still be a $30 loss.  So, since that link didn't show me any evidence, I'm still waiting and will use iSupply's document results over a baseless comment any day.

Maxpower1987
a.k.a. Sir Patrick Moore

Nice source, dude....

1. Are you saying that MS just started in 1999?  Plus, it matters when the court cases are over and not when they were filed!  I know MS isn't going to 45nm yet.  That's why I posted the link.  NOW, can you post a link on this 65nm COMBINED on one chip is suppose to happen for the X360?  I bet you can't because that would be one HUGE chip due to the HUGE eDRAM that can't be shrunk much more.

Since I think I'll be waiting a LONG time for you to provide evidence of a 65nm COMBINED GPU/CPU chip, I can move on to your next little part here.

This picture posting in order to try to discredit someone that is a Sony insider is JUST LIKE a X360 fanboy. 

2.  You can't face the information provided, so you try to discredit the source.  He has already been PROVEN to be a Sony insider by other insiders.  You can't discredit that, so just try to absorb the correct information.

1.  Ahhh I do see now that one line where he mentioned when it started.  That's amazing that 9 billion lost in 6 years still resulted in overall profit for the company over those years!  MS must make some killer profits and Sony must make slim profits since one bad year puts them at a 3 billion loss as a whole.

2.  Well some solid information and proof on that would be great.  Insiders are still often wrong, ya know.  And I love the fact that, YOU of all people, are trying to call ME a fanboy

Also, here's tons of links for the 360 combined CPU/GPU on 65nm process codenamed Valhalla:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Xbox+360+valhalla&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Ouch, man.  Keep em coming!  I love shooting fanboys outta the sky!

Around the Network
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Dark Chaos said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:

ORLY??

Maxpower1987
a.k.a. Sir Patrick Moore

Nice source, dude....

Are you saying that MS just started in 1999?  Plus, it matters when the court cases are over and not when they were filed!  I know MS isn't going to 45nm yet.  That's why I posted the link.  NOW, can you post a link on this 65nm COMBINED on one chip is suppose to happen for the X360?  I bet you can't because that would be one HUGE chip due to the HUGE eDRAM that can't be shrunk much more.

This picture posting in order to try to discredit someone that is a Sony insider is JUST LIKE a X360 fanboy.  You can't face the information provided, so you try to discredit the source.  He has already been PROVEN (the website has even acknowledged him as such) to be a Sony insider by other insiders.  You can't discredit that, so just try to absorb the correct information.

If that is true then you need to provide links of it so we can also confirm validity, it´s not enough of you saying so or you saying someone else has acknowledged it.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Dark Chaos said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:

ORLY??

Maxpower1987
a.k.a. Sir Patrick Moore

Nice source, dude....

1. Are you saying that MS just started in 1999?  Plus, it matters when the court cases are over and not when they were filed!  I know MS isn't going to 45nm yet.  That's why I posted the link.  NOW, can you post a link on this 65nm COMBINED on one chip is suppose to happen for the X360?  I bet you can't because that would be one HUGE chip due to the HUGE eDRAM that can't be shrunk much more.

This picture posting in order to try to discredit someone that is a Sony insider is JUST LIKE a X360 fanboy. 

2.  You can't face the information provided, so you try to discredit the source.  He has already been PROVEN to be a Sony insider by other insiders.  You can't discredit that, so just try to absorb the correct information.

1.  Ahhh I do see now that one line where he mentioned when it started.  That's amazing that 9 billion lost in 6 years still resulted in overall profit for the company over those years!  MS must make some killer profits and Sony must make slim profits since one bad year puts them at a 3 billion loss as a whole.

2.  Well some solid information and proof on that would be great.  Insiders are still often wrong, ya know.  And I love the fact that, YOU of all people, are trying to call ME a fanboy

Also, here's tons of links for the 360 combined CPU/GPU on 65nm process codenamed Valhalla:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Xbox+360+valhalla&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

LMAO!  OH, a rumor is now a fact, huh?  Geez!  Valhalla IS the code-name of a chip, but it's NOT known what that chip will be.  For all you know, it could be just eDRAM at 65nm along with the GPU instead of the curent 80nm eDRAM.

You're DEFINITELY a fanboy.

BTW, yes he COULD be wrong.  And, so could isuppli as well.

Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Dark Chaos said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:

ORLY??

Maxpower1987
a.k.a. Sir Patrick Moore

Nice source, dude....

LMAO!  OH, a rumor is now a fact, huh?  Geez!  Valhalla IS the code-name of a chip, but it's NOT known what that chip will be.  For all you know, it could be just eDRAM at 65nm along with the GPU instead of the curent 80nm eDRAM.

I'm DEFINITELY a fanboy.

BTW, yes he COULD be wrong.  And, so could isuppli as well.

You're right it is not set in stone.  It could be combined and 45nm.  Nothing has been officially confirmed, just as your speculation on 45nm RSX and 45nm Cell are still just rumor.

Also, I fixed your post for you.  You seem to read to far into things and assume I mean things that I don't.  You seem to have an unbased bias of one company over the other, and you immediately like to bring up things like RRoD and E74.  This whole time you have been on the defensive trying to protect your precious Sony when I have just been sitting her and posting realistic statements rather than fanboy illogical ones.

I have not once tried to bash the PS3 for it's current sales position, merely challenged your "proof" with genuine inquiry. After receiving insufficient results from you, I explained why each of your "evidence" didn't work and why each of your thoughts on the matter were flawed.

You're right, you definitely are a fanboy.

BTW:  Where is the solid evidence of iSupply's figures being wrong and of this guy actually being a Sony insider?  If his name has anything to relate to his age, he's only 21 years old and there is no way he is an accountant for Sony seeing such details as Blu-Ray drive orders for the PS3.

EDIT:  I saw your links, still don't see any proof, just more "claims" by forum members and the stuff this guy says is easily obtainable information or simply guesses.  I still see no proof that this Maxpower1987 has worked in finances with Sony and has inside information such as photos, official documents, employee identification, etc.

vaio said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Dark Chaos said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:

ORLY??

Maxpower1987
a.k.a. Sir Patrick Moore

Nice source, dude....

If that is true then you need to provide links of it so we can also confirm validity, it´s not enough of you saying so or you saying someone else has acknowledged it.

Confirmation of MaxPower1987 being an insider.  Look at the beginning of the thread to see what Max they are talking about.

Here MaxPower1987 had his own Insider thread set up.

NOW, can we laugh Nightsurge out of here for his earlier fanboy attempts at discrediting this Sony insider?!

Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
vaio said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
nightsurge said:
Dark Chaos said:
Ascended_Saiyan3 said:

ORLY??

Maxpower1987
a.k.a. Sir Patrick Moore

Nice source, dude....

Confirmation of MaxPower1987 being an insider.  Look at the beginning of the thread to see what Max they are talking about.

Here MaxPower1987 had his own Insider thread set up.

NOW, can we laugh Nightsurge out of here for his earlier fanboy attempts at discrediting this Sony insider?!

See my post above yours.  You still did not show anything that proves maxpower is an insider.  I can go on that forum and claim to be an insider and give information out too.  Show me something solid, dude.  Stop flirting with the edge of the circle and jump to the center!  Unless you can't actually find any proof of him being an insider, which I completely understand.

So, has he ever given factual evidence to support his claims?  Has he ever shown proof of his employment or background?  Anything?  If so, please show us.

Why are we laughing me out of here, exactly?  That sounds like something a crazed fanboy bent on saving Sony's reputation would say......