By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So there is only two Punch Out!! characters left right?

Monteblanco said:
The_vagabond7 said:
On IGN they said they already beat the full game, and disco kid is the only new character. And if you've played past punchout games, it only takes about an hour to beat. There is a "defend your title mode" where you fight everyone over again and their attack patterns change, but it's the same 13 characters. I might rent it, but I'm not buying a 1 hour long game for 50 bucks.

If their attack patterns change, then it is equivalent to 26 characters to beat. I know is not the same thing but surely is some nice addition to the gameplay.

If the same character goes jab jab cross uppercut instead of jab cross jab uppercut, I don't see that as a different character. I don't think Ryu on hard is fighting a different character than fighting Ryu on normal. They just change the AI routine a bit. I don't really "get" the camp of gamers that consider easter eggs (like Halo's skulls), or and extra difficulty setting, ect as being the same as making a longer game. Metroid Prime 3 isn't a 60+ hour game because it has 3 difficulty settings. Halo 3 isn't a 70+ hour game because of hidden skulls and extra difficulty modes.

Punch Out is an incredibly short game. It consists of the exact same characters with the exact same fighting patterns as their original counterparts. And a single new character. People can't complain about games like heavenly sword any more if they are going to shell out 50 bucks on punch out. The amount of included content is miniscule. And it somehow took them a reported two years to put new graphics on a decades old game. I don't get it. But I am curious to see how it sells.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

I think I read somewhere that there would be two characters from Super Punch Out!! (I could be wrong), so I'm betting that Mr. Dream won't make an appearance.

The_vagabond7 said:
Monteblanco said:
The_vagabond7 said:
On IGN they said they already beat the full game, and disco kid is the only new character. And if you've played past punchout games, it only takes about an hour to beat. There is a "defend your title mode" where you fight everyone over again and their attack patterns change, but it's the same 13 characters. I might rent it, but I'm not buying a 1 hour long game for 50 bucks.

If their attack patterns change, then it is equivalent to 26 characters to beat. I know is not the same thing but surely is some nice addition to the gameplay.

If the same character goes jab jab cross uppercut instead of jab cross jab uppercut, I don't see that as a different character. I don't think Ryu on hard is fighting a different character than fighting Ryu on normal. They just change the AI routine a bit. I don't really "get" the camp of gamers that consider easter eggs (like Halo's skulls), or and extra difficulty setting, ect as being the same as making a longer game. Metroid Prime 3 isn't a 60+ hour game because it has 3 difficulty settings. Halo 3 isn't a 70+ hour game because of hidden skulls and extra difficulty modes.

Punch Out is an incredibly short game. It consists of the exact same characters with the exact same fighting patterns as their original counterparts. And a single new character. People can't complain about games like heavenly sword any more if they are going to shell out 50 bucks on punch out. The amount of included content is miniscule. And it somehow took them a reported two years to put new graphics on a decades old game. I don't get it. But I am curious to see how it sells.

The thing is that they now will fake alot of movements. hell some review said that they lost the belt to Glass Joe...Glass F-ing Joe!!

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I am sure they will have more.I mean the game is coming the 19th maybe there are some unlock able characters.

How many times have I beat Mike Tyson in the original game? Countless, I still play the game today, and enjoy it immensely still. It's meaningless to say it's a short game, if they capture the pure joy and addictiveness of the original it's a title that will last you well into the next generation and beyond. To cheat yourself out of that kind of classic gaming experience will hurt no one but yourself.

And, I am still hoping against hope that the surprise at the end of the game, is a return of Iron Mike, more insanely fast and deadly than ever.