By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Inductive Wii Remote Charger Supports Motion Plus

Yeah, as Nord said, I have one these: "Pic goes here"

It started off really awesome but not it just doesn't fucking work.

The only thing I'm worried about with getting one of these new Energizer things (other than it stop working too) is if it requires a new battery cover. I assume it does so it will come with new ones, but if it doesn't, I still have those plastic backed Nyko ones.

Ah, good. Yea I've heard the quality of Nyko's products been called to question a few times before. I've heard stories of people with the wand who have had it break on them so i was worried you'd have wasted precious money on an ugly device that's also pretty cheap.
Something told me the charge station wasn't too reliable either. You're better off picking up one of these new energizer stations. As expensive as it is, i trust it a hell of a lot more than i trust Nyko.

How technical is your game?

Around the Network
nordlead said:
well, I'm sure your nyko station stopped working because the battery died. Rechargeable batteries die around the 500th charge cycle or 2 years worth of use. Depending on how much you used them, they can die faster than 2 years. I've already discarded about 10 rechargeable engergizer AA batteries because they died too. I don't know if there have been any advancements in cheap battery technology, but I would expect the same lifetime out of this charging system.

Also, since it is an inductive system (for those who don't know, this means it charges by using magnetic waves, rather than an electrical connection), so the original battery covers should be the ones used. All energizer should be providing is a battery with some built in electronics for charging along with the base station.

Of course, I could be wrong, as the new battery may be built right into a cover to provide extra space for energizer to do stuff, but who knows.

I promise you I didn't get near 500 charges with those things.  From what I hear it's a pretty common problem for the Nyko Charging Station to just stop working.  I haven't really thought about changing the battery packs because I haven't played my Wii much for the last year or so until recently anyways.

I tried really hard to find one of those energizer family chargers locally and I couldn't. I wanted it because it can charge more than AA/AAA, but I ended up getting one that just charges 10 AA/AAA.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

twesterm said:

I promise you I didn't get near 500 charges with those things.  From what I hear it's a pretty common problem for the Nyko Charging Station to just stop working.  I haven't really thought about changing the battery packs because I haven't played my Wii much for the last year or so until recently anyways.

eh, not everyone makes good batteries.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
I tried really hard to find one of those energizer family chargers locally and I couldn't. I wanted it because it can charge more than AA/AAA, but I ended up getting one that just charges 10 AA/AAA.

I love the family charger thing, it rocks.  It charges the AAA batteries for my headphones (because those eat batteries faster than anything) and AA's for my wireless controller in my office and they've all kept a good charge even though I've been using them for nearly two years. 

I don't expect those batteries to last forever, but luckily they're just Energizer batteries so it's no problem finding more.

Around the Network

I had to replace my regular rechargeable Energizer AA batteries after about 2 or 3 years since they didn't hold a charge too long anymore. I used the crap out of them though since I had 4 wavebirds. I bought some new ones and they work pretty damn good (usually last awhile before having to recharge them). My AAA that I bought a long time ago I never had to replace since I don't recharge them that often.

I am going to pick this up, I have the Nyko rechargable batteries now and I have the same thing happening where it really isnt charging the batteries anymore. Thanks for the post.

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

twesterm said:
Gamerace said:
While it's a neat concept, I don't care for it. I never use the silicone (constantly have to be removing it for Mario Kart, Guitar Hero, etc. anyway) and just use regular rechargables batteries.

Yeah, I've never bothered with the jackets either.

1. I'm not an idiot and I can actually hold and more importantly keep a hold of my controller
  2. As you said, it doesn't fit with the wheel or zapper.

I have two remotes that have the Nyko remote back so those don't fit very well into the zapper or wheel either, but I have another remote that just uses normal AA for those.

If this charger actually works well and I can find some original battery covers I might actually end up getting it since I have a good supply of rechargable batteries anyways (I keep one of these in my office since I go through batteries quickly for all the different stuff I have).

Yeah that's what I use too.  Have 3 remotes and 8 batteries.  I usually charge whenever I see they're getting low but it's nice to have a couple spare just in case.

twesterm Nothing wrong with the charger,you have to change the batts.

I have the Nyko charger for over 2 years now and still works fine,ANY rechargeable batt never goes back to full 100% every time you charge a batt it loses some and if you leave it alone for periods of time any rechargeable batt loses charge in or out of the dock.

You are going to have the same issue with ANY charger if you don't replace the batts every so often. The charger is fine just buy new batts.

Ryudo said:
twesterm Nothing wrong with the charger,you have to change the batts.

I have the Nyko charger for over 2 years now and still works fine,ANY rechargeable batt never goes back to full 100% every time you charge a batt it loses some and if you leave it alone for periods of time any rechargeable batt loses charge in or out of the dock.

You are going to have the same issue with ANY charger if you don't replace the batts every so often. The charger is fine just buy new batts.

Yeah, even before the thing was a year old the batteries had trouble lasting an hour.  Just look around on the internet, the thing is more or less a piece of shit.  Some people like you haven't had problems, most have.