By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Games Division can go bankrupcy if they don't pull out motion control?

I've been thinking about this. PS3 is a technological beast... Such a beast that Sony is not due to have profit with it untill it drops to about 200€ in maybe 2011.

The question: If they don't pull out a wiimotish device for PS3 could they be able to keep themselves alive in the gaming market?

Because launching this device its a desperate measure to survive in my eyes, they bashed enough the Wii "gimmicks" in the past to throw out a wiimote rip off now. They're gonna swallow a big epic frog if they do. For almost shure, gaming journalists will ask: "wasn't the wiimote a gimmick? Why this peripheral now?"

Discuss

Around the Network
One_touch_KO said:

I've been thinking about this. PS3 is a technological beast... Such a beast that Sony is not due to have profit with it untill it drops to about 200€ in maybe 2011.

The question: If they don't pull out a wiimotish device for PS3 could they be able to keep themselves alive in the gaming market?

Because launching this device its a desperate measure to survive in my eyes, they bashed enough the Wii "gimmicks" in the past to throw out a wiimote rip off now. They're gonna swallow a big epic frog if they do. For almost shure, gaming journalists will ask: "wasn't the wiimote a gimmick? Why this peripheral now?"

Discuss

Im not sure how This could help sony,If anything its more of a waste,Advertising would be better.

^

Its a motion control. It helped Nintendo when they had the idea of pulling it out.

Why didn't a rip off from Sony help themselves?

Garnett said:
One_touch_KO said:

I've been thinking about this. PS3 is a technological beast... Such a beast that Sony is not due to have profit with it untill it drops to about 200€ in maybe 2011.

Discuss

Im not sure how This could help sony,If anything its more of a waste,Advertising would be better.

I agree...If they wouldn't have tried to force blu-ray down the throats of everyone that buys a PS3 they wouldn't be in quite the situation that they are in now.

One_touch_KO said:

I've been thinking about this. PS3 is a technological beast... Such a beast that Sony is not due to have profit with it untill it drops to about 200€ in maybe 2011.

Sorry but before we can discuss anything please at least get your facts correctly. PS3 cost of production was estimated to cost 450$ to produce in last year. Either it's already profitable or will be profitable soon.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Several reasons:

Consumers don't usually like a copy, they think of it as a knock off, even if it is better.

Sony is already "all in" on a tech platform, they should focus on making appealing content and marketing the existing platform.

Sony's strength is the Playstation Brand (yes, not as much as it was, but still good) and the image as the high tech, feature rich platform. They can still push the PS3 as a set top box, internet-entertainment device.

Personally, I think Sony should do some marketing with some internet companies to show the benefits of the PS3.

I pretty much hated my PS3 until I found out I could watch Hulu.com on it. They should cross market with them and maybe some of the music services, rss feeds, etc.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Zlejedi said:
One_touch_KO said:

Sorry but before we can discuss anything please at least get your facts correctly. PS3 cost of production was estimated to cost 450$ to produce in last year. Either it's already profitable or will be profitable soon.

Get you your facts correctly. Do you think Sony sell PS3 for 400$?

NO!

Retails does. The consoles goes on a course of shipment costs, distributors and so on untill it reaches retail at a 400$ pricetag for the consumer. Sony might sell them at 150$ in maximum.

By your logic Nintendo makes astronomic profit on the Wii eh? Well, they make about 7$ for each Wii sold.

STFU

Sony games division was profitable last year and definitely will be profitable this year. They sold enough of PS3 to get profit from games I guess and PSP/PS2 markets getting them nice profit.

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com

No they cant, Sony as a whole could but given the times there's always some gov hand out waiting to be taken.

One_touch_KO said:
Zlejedi said:
One_touch_KO said:

Get you your facts correctly. Do you think Sony sell PS3 for 400$?

NO!

Retails does. The consoles goes on a course of shipment costs, distributors and so on untill it reaches retail at a 400$ pricetag for the consumer. Sony might sell them at 150$ in maximum.

By your logic Nintendo makes astronomic profit on the Wii eh? Well, they make about 7$ for each Wii sold.

STFU

Real world says Hello!

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=71082

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB