By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: New Persona Game At E3, Exculsive to PS3

Why exclusive? HD multi-plat or handheld game.......or bust. :O

Around the Network

SONY could say "we pay or help fund a exclusive Persona to help move PS2ers," Persona PS3 is definitely reasonable

Soriku said:
Aren't Personas announced in Famitsu (that's how P4 and Persona PSP were announced)..,why would a new one be announced at an American event.

Plus I don't see the point in a Persona PS3...a new one would do better on the PS2 were the fanbase mostly is. I could see them doing a new PS2 one or even possibly a Wii/PS2 one before a PS3 one. Not sure about Wii exclusive but that's possible too...def not at E3 though. Not like it's a graphic heavy series anyway.

If it's true I'm jealous.

Ihelped you think out loud. ;-P

Kasz216 said:
Xxain said:
Mirson said:
Persona 360 exclusive is more realistic. I mean Microsoft does negotiate with Japanese developers, and there were news about Atlus developing for 360 in Famitsu recently.

and alienate there fanbase by moving to a completely new one!!??....yea right

Alienate what fanbase? The fanbase that still owns PS2s?

I really don't think the persona fanbase is particularly concentrated on the PS3.

Heck... the biggest persona fan i know, who owned all the PS1 games. She hates the PS3.

Really Atlus is kinda scerewd exactly because most of these fans haven't made a jump.

They'll likely jump with the game. (Unless the system costs too much....)

It's a norm to hate on PS3 nowadays, so that doesn't mean anything at all.

But that could very well change any day, ya know?

theprof00 said:

Soriku said:
Aren't Personas announced in Famitsu (that's how P4 and Persona PSP were announced)..,why would a new one be announced at an American event.

Plus I don't see the point in a Persona PS3...a new one would do better on the PS2 were the fanbase mostly is. I could see them doing a new PS2 one or even possibly a Wii/PS2 one before a PS3 one. Not sure about Wii exclusive but that's possible too...def not at E3 though. Not like it's a graphic heavy series anyway.

If it's true I'm jealous.

Ihelped you think out loud. ;-P

EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT!!, the minute he said Wii..

Around the Network
Skittles said:
Soriku said:

I think he means MS would help them out (ie big moneyhat) for a Persona 360. Doubt that'll happen though...

Wouldn't Sony do the same though? They've helped From Software, and i've been hearing things about them funding NIS's games too. :O

This is the first I've heard about NIS. I don't see it happening; Sony doesn't pay for exclusives :P

@Kasz - im not defending a PS3 Persona is happening...I defending the point that its "reasonable"

Anyways, I'd prefer Shin Megami Tensei IV than another Persona game.

It sure is a little soon for the next one to be announced, it's bullshit though since this person said E3 and not TGS. If Sony wanted to they could money hat the game and make it very sweet for Atlus, such as sending those super coders from SCEE Cambridge and paying for the whole of the engines development cost.

Also as a note... Atlus reuses there engines... a lot.

They don't have the resources to keep building new ones.

As such i think it'd take more then a one time cash payout for a system to gain exclusivity since once they make one game.... i'd be surprised if they made games for another system this generation.

A Multiplatform game seems more likely. Which would make sense given the fact that we've heard nothing about the 2005 game.