By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sky Crawlers, Crawling in Australia thanks to......... Atari?

i dk about that article, would be nice if it was true but seems kinda strange and out of knowwhere. Irrespective i wanted this game purely bcoz of its controls and this is awesome.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
joora said:
Bring it to europe... pwease?

its pal region, you can buy it. Obviously it should be released in europe too when it releases here, makes sense.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Mr.Y said:
noname2200 said:
Atari also picked up Sam and Max: Season Two on the Wii despite Season One's lackluster sales. Shouldn't Atari be focusing on NOT losing money...?

Ah well, I'm interested in S&M, and also interested in Sky Crawlers, so if they care to bring it to the U.S....

Sam and Max is a port, I'm sure they're not losing any money.

I'm not so sure. Sure, the game's all finished, but it still takes time and manpower to port it from the PC to the Wii (the credits for just the Wii crew was surprisingly lengthy...). Plus, the publisher's only taking a slice of that $30, and it costs just as much to manufacture and ship this $30 game as it does a $50 game.

60,000 copies worldwide doesn't strike me as something that was too profitable, especially since I suspect it's being overtracked (not surprisingly, the site seems to have trouble with games that sell in the four-digit range, probably since it's hard to accurately extrapolate figures from such a small sample size).

Soriku said:

If Sky Crawlers is leaving Japan, Fragile sure as hell will too.

Don't get anyone's hopes up Soriku, least of all your own.

If this comes to Australia it will come to all english speaking countries in others at least. as the australian market is to small on it's own

Around the Network
Soriku said:

Baten Kaitos (game sold even worse than Fragile) and Eternal Sonata (didn't sell much better...and even got remade for the PS3 and also came over) came out over here so why wouldn't Fragile?

Besides, all tri-Crescendo games don't sell.

XSEED already said they had a ton of interest to bring it over.

So what's the deal?

No deal. I'm just cautioning you to not count your chickens before they hatch. For example, if you change some developer/publisher names, you've basically outlined Fatal Frame's situation, yet it doesn't seem to be coming stateside. Just don't expect much, and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Soriku said:
But...that's just Fatal Frame.

Different pubs. And I already gave scenarios.

Plus we don't really know if it'll never come out.

As I said, I'm just cautioning. It makes things easier. But hopefully you're right, and we'll see soon.