By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - should i get madworld or deadrising?

madworld is much much longer if you get all the achievements. i reckon itll take me about 16 hours and then theres hard mode and multiplayer to go through

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

megaman79 said:
I dont care what game you buy, as long as its either Deadly Creatures, Mushroom men, HOTD, Madworld or Tenchu 4. Any one of those i will approve. Oh and please buy retail, brand new, not second hand.

^ these games are all great!

don't buy Dead Rising... Madworld seems much better

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Definitely MadWorld. Dead Rising lacks any kind of hook on the Wii, but MadWorld is one of the most original games you'll ever play.

I own both. Have completed both, and strongly recommend MadWorld. Dead Rising is not as bad as some haters will have you think, but it isn't a good game either. I think it defines the term mediocre. Not bad, not good. If you can only afford one, go MadWorld.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Madworld without second thought

Around the Network

I would suggest Madworld. Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop is kinda like a sample of the true Dead Rising on the Xbox 360. Think of it like a demo. Madworld on the other hand is an actual game. Reviewers point to the game being a tad short but overall the game is worth admission and your time, so check it out!

"Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop is kinda like a sample of the true Dead Rising on the Xbox 360. Think of it like a demo."

Having fewer zombies is not the same as only having a few levels (or missions in this case). And it has content not even in the 360 version, so that analogy is false on two levels.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@LordTheNightKnight

I look at the Wii version as a simple port. It might have features the 360 version doesn't have, but to be honest its more so like an expansion than anything. Does that sound more appropriate?

MadWorld, I loved it... in fact check out my review ;)

http://www.360blog.org/2009/03/lets-get-bloody-a-review-of-madworld/

xlost8 said:
@LordTheNightKnight

I look at the Wii version as a simple port. It might have features the 360 version doesn't have, but to be honest its more so like an expansion than anything. Does that sound more appropriate?

Well that's certainly not a demo. Some features are removed, but you still get a complete game.

The game was designed as a remix of the original, so expansion was kind of what Capcom was going for.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs