By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Eternal Sonata thread

I loved Fable, Oblivion was good at first but becomes boring pretty fast, I have 2 words for Two worlds "You suck!" is the worst game I have ever played on my 360 so far. I pre-ordered Eternal Sonata some time ago but I think it will launch here in 1 week or so because we buy shipped units for USA, I will wait a lil' bit.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Around the Network

@W29 :
I don't hate WRPG but they're boring me fast too. I bought several for the PC, mostly Bioware ones (BG1 + all extensions, BG2 + all extensions, NWN + all extensions), at launch, and I finished only one of them (BG1), and one main campaign of another (NWN main), in the span of several years. Just to have an idea of how much they bore me, during that span of time, I finished several console JRPG and enjoyed them, while finishing the WRPG is a chore.
For example, I would never buy Oblivion of Mass Effect, unless I finished all my JRPG backlog and there was no other one I wanted to play (no chance in hell that happens).

If you're like me and love your JRPG, you'd far better get Eternal Sonata than Blue Dragon. From what I have seen (demos, videos, ...) and the little I've played of it, Blue Dragon is barely good for someone that don't usely play JRPG, and to be avoided at all costs from someone that's used to them.
For me, BD is one of those very bad RPG to be avoided. Eternal Sonata, even with all the problems it has, seems far more worthy.

I've already seen reviews from people who have played the japanese version (and understand japanese, the others players are irrelevant), and I'm looking forward for another review. And some very important details like if the original japanese voices are available are important too (even if I won't get the XB360 version).

I'm more than likely picking this up tomorrow though I won't actually have time to play it tomorrow since I'm only about 30% through Metroid. I need to clean out my game shelf a little anyways so no need putting it off.

ookaze said:
@W29 :
I don't hate WRPG but they're boring me fast too. I bought several for the PC, mostly Bioware ones (BG1 + all extensions, BG2 + all extensions, NWN + all extensions), at launch, and I finished only one of them (BG1), and one main campaign of another (NWN main), in the span of several years. Just to have an idea of how much they bore me, during that span of time, I finished several console JRPG and enjoyed them, while finishing the WRPG is a chore.

I can't believe you didn't finish BG2, that game was simply amazing.

Gamespot gave Eternal Sonata an 8.5 which is very high for Gamespot. Completely creaming the Blue Dragon review and equal to the Metroid Prime 3 review.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/trustybellchopinnoyume/review.html?tag=tabs%3Breviews&page=1

The big Sakaguchi RPG is getting snubbed and this Namco RPG out of nowhere is getting the good reviews :P

Blue Dragon got a 6.0 from Gamespot. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Direct Comparison of Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata reviews from the big sources:

Gamespot: 6.0 (BD) versus 8.5 (ES)

IGN: 7.9 (BD) versus 8.2 (ES)

1UP/EGM: 6.83 (BD) versus 7.0 (ES)

Game Informer: 9.0 (BD) versus 8.25 (ES)

even OXM: 7.5 (BD) versus 8.0 (ES)

Gamerankings Average: 78% versus 80.4%

Supposedly I'll be getting my copy tomorrow, I pre-ordered.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Lol
ya your right ck, i dont approve of sakaguchis BD compared to ES, and same with alot of places, but LO looks amazing to me, and if it at least comparable to any FF (besides a few) then ill count it as a complete success.

You saw the pre TGS video and the graphics are pretty danm good, if not fanttastic, story seems to be deep, and we have still yet to see if the gameplay is that deep, we will know in November

BTW nice quote from AR from bioshock, he had quite a few in the game
That one and "A man chooses, a slave obeys!" are some of my favorites of all time

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
ckmlb said:

Direct Comparison of Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata reviews from the big sources:

Gamespot: 6.0 (BD) versus 8.5 (ES)

IGN: 7.9 (BD) versus 8.2 (ES)

1UP/EGM: 6.83 (BD) versus 7.0 (ES)

Game Informer: 9.0 (BD) versus 8.25 (ES)

even OXM: 7.5 (BD) versus 8.0 (ES)

Gamerankings Average: 78% versus 80.4%

Supposedly I'll be getting my copy tomorrow, I pre-ordered.

Again Americans reviewers are bias to Japanese RPG's anyway. I don't never listen to their reviews. Famitsu is what I listen and if I don't I buy what I like.

ookaze said:
@W29 :
For example, I would never buy Oblivion of Mass Effect, unless I finished all my JRPG backlog and there was no other one I wanted to play (no chance in hell that happens).

If you're like me and love your JRPG, you'd far better get Eternal Sonata than Blue Dragon. From what I have seen (demos, videos, ...) and the little I've played of it, Blue Dragon is barely good for someone that don't usely play JRPG, and to be avoided at all costs from someone that's used to them.
For me, BD is one of those very bad RPG to be avoided. Eternal Sonata, even with all the problems it has, seems far more worthy.

I've already seen reviews from people who have played the japanese version (and understand japanese, the others players are irrelevant), and I'm looking forward for another review. And some very important details like if the original japanese voices are available are important too (even if I won't get the XB360 version).

Well I like Fable and Mass Effect they look awesome, but Oblivion and Two Worlds they are boring and not worth playing, I know I gave it a good review in the Two Worlds thread but its not worth it now. Its just utter trash in my opinion and I'm not playing those games anymore. I will stick with Japanese RPG's and Fable and Mass Effect. Maybe Mass Effect and Fable will change my mind, who knows? But really Western RPG's are my last thought.

I played the demo of ES and I thought it was amazing. Kind of a throw back to the good old days of RPGs. Thought the battle system was fun, much better the BDs. I have high hopes for this game.

Just kiss the tip.