By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - California is the best state.

California has one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation and a $42 billion budget deficit, by far the highest of any state. The recent deal between Ahnold and the legislature will result in massive tax increases if it goes through. California has refused to develop its energy and water resources, resulting in water rationing and the constant threat of brownouts or rolling blackouts (as happened a few years ago). And Hollywood puts out more bad movies than ever. I'd say California is one of the worst states from my viewpoint, if not the worst. The redwoods sure are beautiful though.

Oh, and Disney World is better than Disneyland! :)

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network

Not me I think Wisconsin is the best.

I appreciated your points (although Montana is by far the best state) until you mentioned the presidents California has spawned. Reagan and Hoover? Seriously? I mean...seriously?!!

@Kaz16 those are estimates beside our state is pretty smart
@mmin okay maybe our economy isn't good right now but after this recession we will be back on top
@elprincipe after this recession we have have the lowest employment rate
@montana who cares if no president has been raised in California they are from California.

You forgot to brag about now Nixon is from California too! Woohoo!

Aside from the entire movie industry and tech industry and almost all entertainment in every form, we have the most diverse land (desert, snow, beaches, Redwood forests, urban sprawl, tons of farms, orchards, and suburbs, and everything from the cleanest air to the nastiest smog).

We have the first and best freeway, the one that replaced ToonTown so it could connect Los Angeles and Pasadena.

Hawaii owns us on beaches though.

California also has the best public universities and public community colleges.

The Californian poet Jim Morrison said both "The West is the best" and "Ride the snake." He speaks the truth.

@Kasz, I'm sure those IQ tests have lower averages in states with more immigrants. I'm not saying immigrants are stupid. But I am saying that IQ tests are usually biased towards a particular language and a particular cultural upbringing, and I'd need to know more about those tests. I've taken an IQ test that was in English, but failed it because it was intended for Australians.

Around the Network

Ronald Reagan was awesome, but he was born in Tampico, Illinois.

If it's any consolation, George S. Patton, Jr. was a California native.

YesWiiCan said:
@mmin okay maybe our economy isn't good right now but after this recession we will be back on top
@montana who cares if no president has been raised in California they are from California.

Estimates were done by a study.

Also...

http://www.statestats.com/edrank.htm

(Ranking of school systems.)

http://www.uschamber.com/icw/reportcard/default

(Red is bad..)

YesWiiCan said:

I'm not complaining about that, I'm complaining because they were both terrible presidents. And yeah, you forgot Nixon!

it may be the best state, but NYC is the best city

Also FDR was from  NY and he is labled by many to be the 2nd best US president (after Lincoln).