By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Most wanted games/consoles, ages 8-17

I love how Halo3 is so popular with the 11-17 year old boys who aren't even supposed to be playing it.

Around the Network

It's funny, Mature games are actually more popular amoungst the younger crowd; yet older, mature people play E rated games.

IMO, games like WiiSports and Brainage are more mature than Halo 3 or GTA.

Don't get me wrong, I like me some M rated games, but they just seem to be "immature" cause it's the stuff teens (or in some cases, young adults) find cool.

Nintendo's gonna own even more this holiday.

mikey said:
It's funny, Mature games are actually more popular amoungst the younger crowd; yet older, mature people play E rated games.

Don't get me wrong, I like me some M rated games, but they just seem to be "immature" cause it's the stuff teens (or in some cases, young adults) find cool.

Is there any statistical data from this study to suggest that? I don't see it, if so. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:
mikey said:

Is there any statistical data from this study to suggest that? I don't see it, if so. 

What? The whole mature thing, or Nintendo gonna own thing?

For Nintendo owning, it's the most wanted system five times out of six in the stats above.

For the mature rant, it was an IMO, nothing I derived from the stats above.  Although Halo 3 is the most wanted game for teen boys, along with PS3 and Xbox360 which has plenty of M rated games.

mikey said:

It's simple really. The grown ups have no need to prove themselves mature. They can play whatever the hell they want.

Meanwhile, the young ones got this peer pressure thingamajig going on that you're gay and/or whimp if you play any casual games. 

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
So children and girls wants a Wii crap I am a child now X_X.

The Wii has the oldest average of the three... so nothing to worry about.  This survey was directed at kids under 18.  If you asked what adults 19 and older wanted you'd see that the parents with young kids bought the systems for themselves as well as the rest of the family.  

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

ckmlb said:
According to this MySims should sell like crazy.

We will see soon.

I agree this seems to indicate MySims should do well but I don't think we can judge it by next week's or month's sales. These are kids so they will probably get it for Christmas. I'd wait until January to decide whether MySims did well or not.

mikey said:
Bodhesatva said:
mikey said:

What? The whole mature thing, or Nintendo gonna own thing?

For Nintendo owning, it's the most wanted system five times out of six in the stats above.

For the mature rant, it was an IMO, nothing I derived from the stats above. Although Halo 3 is the most wanted game for teen boys, along with PS3 and Xbox360 which has plenty of M rated games.

The mature rant. I actually happen to agree with your "rant" -- at least to an extent -- but you did seem to suggest that this study supports it. It doesn't, it provides no evidence for (or against) it of any kind. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

what?
14-17 year old girls have some interest in Halo 3?
And I find it strange that everyone seems to want a PS3 yet no games are listed for it.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

High demand for Halo3 + low demand for the 360 means that people that want Halo3 already have a 360?

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php