By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Darkside Chronicles to Dynamic Difficulty

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles features dynamic difficulty

For those of you planning to relive the horrors of Claire and Leon's jaunt through Raccoon City in Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, know that Capcom has confirmed the game will have a dynamic, sliding scale difficulty, Siliconera reports. Depending on how well you're blasting zombie skulls and putting down lunging dogs, the game will ramp up the difficulty or, should you find yourself nothing more than a walking, talking snack for the many undead frequenting this once sleepy mountain town, the game will ease back and give you a fighting chance.

Link

This makes sense if they want to market for everyone.What do guys think about it?

P.S Title should to have dynamic difficulty

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Around the Network

I think its a great idea.

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

Well if you good at them, this will not make a differeance in the way you play.

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

KylieDog said:
Sounds crap.

This is a form of rubberband AI, rubberband AI blows, heavily.

How about they just have easy, medium and hard difficulty, if you wanna beat the game on hard, you just practice and get better. If you don't want to you stick to easy.

Seriously, this sort of crap ruins games for anyone who is good at them and wants a challenge, because they can slack all they like and not be punished for it.

I agree with you. However, in this case you have to understand the target audience. So I think Capcom likely made a good choice.

Sounds good, but will they scrap the different difficulty settings or will the dynamic difficulty be applied to all of them?

I want to play in Hard.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Sounds crap.

This is a form of rubberband AI, rubberband AI blows, heavily.

How about they just have easy, medium and hard difficulty, if you wanna beat the game on hard, you just practice and get better. If you don't want to you stick to easy.

Seriously, this sort of crap ruins games for anyone who is good at them and wants a challenge, because they can slack all they like and not be punished for it.

From what I've read, the game actually will have easy, normal, and hard difficulty settings. Within that initial parameter, it will continue to adjust difficulty based on performance.

I can't help but wonder if 'dynamic difficulty' just means that enemies drop more ammo if you're emtpying your guns and drop less if you hoard ammo and just use pistols, though.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=80871

Dynamic Difficulty: In addition to the initial settings of Easy, Normal and Hard, the game’s difficulty level will adjust automatically based on the player’s skill level so that both old and new fans can have a fun and challenging experience.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I say all games should have this option along with easy medium and hard modes and toggling this feature on or off.

"Like you know"

Most sports games are adding this feature which I like. The game adapts to you. Look at Madden depending on how well you played in a game the difficulty was adjusted. I know you're saying you can't compare a sports game to RE. I was using the analogy as a comparison since it's the same type of system.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Well, that's awesome for me, cause I suck, and suddenly move this into a first day purchase for me.

If they have it as an option just like easy, normal, hard etc then sure why not. The more the better =)