By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final PS3 Eternal Sonata Confirmation- End of Debate!

This should settle the question once and for all, no more threads either arguing for or against this. It is now fact, pure and simple. It will also feature two extra characters.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/820/820383p1.html

September 15, 2007 - Following last week's confirmation of Eternal Sonata's PlayStation 3 port, we've learned a few new details on the updates Bandai Namco has planned for the game.

While looking pretty close to the Xbox 360 original, the PS3 version of Eternal Sonata will feature a number of additional elements. New events are being added, to help give players a deeper understanding of the storyline.

The game will also feature new playable characters. Crescendo and Serenade, who played a major role in the 360 version's storyline but were not playable, will now be able to take part in battle. Crescendo makes use of a mace and shield. Serenade is all about her heart-shaped staff. She's such a girl!

Those who love the game's characters will want to pay attention to this next bit. Bandai Namco is also working a costume system that will allow you to freely change your characters' costumes. Accompanying this is an increase in costume variations.

Unfortunately, PS3 owners are going to have to wait until 2008 to get their hands on this RPG update. But with all the improvements, the wait may be justified.

Now the question is do I wait for this version with the extra characters and other stuff and save my holiday money now for all the other holiday season games coming or do I buy the 360 versions now and not wait a half a year or whatnot to get to play the game. Decisions...decisions...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Why don't you just wait, Ck? That's what I'm doing. Like me, you own every current-gen and a copy of Blue Dragon. Why not just save your money, play Blue Dragon, and buy some of the kick ass games coming out? That makes the most sense, which is why I'm doing it.

I will save my money for sure.

I would do this if I had more common sense, but once a game that I really want comes out I want to have it. But I still have Blue Dragon just started and it is long and there are lots of other games, I might wait.

Haven't decided yet and can't, I'm sure I'll make up my mind by tomorrow when it hits.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
I would do this if I had more common sense, but once a game that I really want comes out I want to have it. But I still have Blue Dragon just started and it is long and there are lots of other games, I might wait.

Haven't decided yet and can't, I'm sure I'll make up my mind by tomorrow when it hits.

An definition of an insane gamer.....lol....j/k

Anyway man, I would get Eternal Sonata for the Xbox 360 first, and get all the achievements. Then pick up the PS3 version when it comes out. Now that makes alot of since. Plus, you can play the PS3 version knowing Namco added new content.

Around the Network

That's cool, and i'm glad for PS3 fans. But if I owned an Xbox 360 this would feel like a big "SCREW YOU".

Not because of the exclusivity i couldn't care about that, but the extra stuff just seems like a slap in the face.

It's bad enoguh when they do that a few years down the line... but a few months?

At kas

SCREW YOU I H AS HALOZ, SO I WIN

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Is the new content confirmed as exclusive for the PS3??

Or will it be available on Live??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

They are fleshing out the storyline and making additional major characters playable? It almost sounds as if they didn't ship a complete game with the 360 version. I would wait for sure, especially if I already had another big RPG to play and a ton of other stuff I'd want to get at Christmas. If the extras are completely unique to the PS3 version it'll be worth waiting for.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

gebx said:
Is the new content confirmed as exclusive for the PS3??

Or will it be available on Live??

if it is available on Live you do know it wont be free unlike the content on the PS3 version. Its the same thing as GRAW2. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453