By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I just got hit by a car today :(

Remember when Brendon Small got hit by a car riding his bike on the wrong side of the road?

Around the Network

He didn't do anything wrong.  He was riding his bike, and they tried to take his life.

Then the judge ordered him and coach McGuirk to write an essay I believe. He was on the wrong side of road but I don't think that is against a law not sure. I've always heard you walk against traffic and ride bike with the flow of traffic.

my cousin got hit by a hit and run driver, and they thought she was fine, but then about a month later she had a seizure at work but she didn't go to the doctor. Then around Thanksgiving her parents went to work somewhere else and they found out she had died from another seizure when they got back.

I figure the hit and run accident must have left a blood clot in her head that wasn't detected.

txrattlesnake said:

my cousin got hit by a hit and run driver, and they thought she was fine, but then about a month later she had a seizure at work but she didn't go to the doctor. Then around Thanksgiving her parents went to work somewhere else and they found out she had died from another seizure when they got back.

I figure the hit and run accident must have left a blood clot in her head that wasn't detected.

That is just ... wow .. ok.

What a prick for driving off!!!! sorry to hear about your loss :(

Around the Network

Did you go to the hospital? I'm guessing you're okay since you're on vgc.

My daughter is my world.

xtastemyvenom said:

Nah I said I didn't need the hospitol, I feel ok just really achy and shaken up!

seece said:
xtastemyvenom said:

Nah I said I didn't need the hospitol, I feel ok just really achy and shaken up!

That's good, must've been pretty damn scary. You'll feel worse tomorrow, at least I did when I was in a car accident.

My daughter is my world.

My son was at a friends and he was apparently playing knock and run

He knocked on the door with his friend and ran...across the road straight into the side of a car.

He caught his leg between the car wheel and rim, which snapped his leg in two.

Below is the xray I bought form the hospital.

He spend 6 months in plaster and another 6 months learning to walk properly at which point I enrolled him in Kick boxing to help strengthen the leg.

He's now 16, almost a Black belt and from it has gained so much confidence in every aspect of his life.

So far from being a negative event I see him breaking his leg as a positive althought it was hell at the time.

Ouch!