By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why so exited about Red Steel 2?

Guys this is Ubisoft! The people who said they can use the casual stuff on Wii to pay for the more hardcore bigger budget games on the HD consoles!

What makes you think this will be good I mean what if it is just like the first game! Sure the game was ok and it was a good idea but clearly lacked a ton of polish to it.

One game announced and you all forget the casual crap they have littered the Wii with!

For me to even consider forgiving them they would have to give us more than just Red Steel 2!

Edit: Oops forgot the “c” in excited :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

If Red Steel 2 is good, I'll buy it, if itsn't I won't, that way i'll hopefully encourage them to make more good games. If you refuse to buy it (regardless of it's quality) out of some form of spite, then your putting the message out that they just shoudn't try at all. Even if Red Steel 2 turns out to be good it won't make up for all the crap, but i'll at least be a start.

Every publisher has littered the wii with "casual crap," not just Ubi. They also Published one of the only true 3rd party gamer titles on the Wii with No More Heroes.

That said, there is only one reason I need to be excited about Red Steel 2. It's the announced first game to have Wii Motion Plus enhanced sword fighting. (note: Although Kendo on WSR will be fun im sure, it doesnt count to me because its only a minigame within the full title)

ZZetaAlec said:
If Red Steel 2 is good, I'll buy it, if itsn't I won't, that way i'll hopefully encourage them to make more good games. If you refuse to buy it (regardless of it's quality) out of some form of spite, then your putting the message out that they just shoudn't try at all. Even if Red Steel 2 turns out to be good it won't make up for all the crap, but i'll at least be a start.

lol Red Steel sold over a million copies yet after that they still did not do anything “core”. Even the good games of the old were poorly ported over…

as I said they should do on Wii what they are doing on the HD. Ok sure they do not need to put out all the games but a few of them at least..

Red Steel 1 was fun, to me. Besides, I like Ubisoft. They gave me Splinter Cell, Rayman, Beyond Good and Evil, and Prince of Persia!

Around the Network
polezo said:
Every publisher has littered the wii with "casual crap," not just Ubi. They also Published one of the only true 3rd party gamer titles on the Wii with No More Heroes.

That said, there is only one reason I need to be excited about Red Steel 2. It's the announced first game to have Wii Motion Plus enhanced sword fighting. (note: Although Kendo on WSR will be fun im sure, it doesnt count to me because its only a minigame within the full title)

They did not even market NMH heroes properly…

I predict it will sell well because of WiiM+ just as the first game did. I bought it mostly because I wanted to try out the sword motion stuff.

These guys will just use that to sell the game and people will buy it because it is the only game to use it the way they are.

Because boycotting Ubisoft until a must have game came out was one of the stupidest things ever. Ubisoft makes some good games. They make some crappy games too, but hey I'm a consumer that is smart enough to buy the good ones. If Red Steel 2 is good, I'll be interested, if it isn't then I won't.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Roma said:
ZZetaAlec said:

lol Red Steel sold over a million copies yet after that they still did not do anything “core”. Even the good games of the old were poorly ported over…

as I said they should do on Wii what they are doing on the HD. Ok sure they do not need to put out all the games but a few of them at least..

I'm well aware that convincing Ubi to consistently release decent games on the Wii via buying the sparse good ones is likely to go unheard but it's better than any sort of pointless boycot, and even if any sort of boycot was heeded by unhappy gamers it would still be just the forum dwelling core gamers. So any decent core games wouldn't be bought and the unaware masses would still buy all of Ubi's crap, thus encouraging the stigma 'core games don't sell on the Wii', and I'm sure you don't want that phrase tossed around any more than it already is.

ZZetaAlec said:
Roma said:
ZZetaAlec said:

I'm well aware that convincing Ubi to consistently release decent games on the Wii via buying the sparse good ones is likely to go unheard but it's better than any sort of pointless boycot, and even if any sort of boycot was heeded by unhappy gamers it would still be just the forum dwelling core gamers. So any decent core games wouldn't be bought and the unaware masses would still buy all of Ubi's crap, thus encouraging the stigma 'core games don't sell on the Wii', and I'm sure you don't want that phrase tossed around any more than it already is.

Nice! Good point I actually did not think about it that way

Oh the power of the internet! hehe

well i was gunna buy monster hunter 3 but then i realized capcom had given us a ton of awful titles so im not gunna buy it.

its stupid to not buy a good game because the publushers bought out crappy games. im mean so far with red steel 2, TMNT and Rabbids Go Home we have 3 very promising titles in 6 months. ubisoft could in fact be wii's best third party in the 2nd half of 2009.

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia