By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Nintendo Wee!

Link:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/fake-shit/this-wee-plays-dvds-300193.php

Article:

What better way to capitalize on a hit product? Rip it off! Ladies and gents, may I introduce the "Wee." It's not a game machine, but a DVD player that was discovered in at a Tokyo retailer. Hey, it may not play games, but the Wii won't play DVDs, so all is good!

Thanks Landon!

Opinion:

Wow, i can actually see people mistake that for a Wii, more so for the white ps2. Some people have no shame what so ever.

Around the Network

It's sad that there will be so many people thrown off by that, and you can't even blame them all on stupid people. The kids are going to say they want a Wii and parents aren't going to know how to spell the name.

twesterm said:
It's sad that there will be so many people thrown off by that, and you can't even blame them all on stupid people. The kids are going to say they want a Wii and parents aren't going to know how to spell the name.

yea its pretty sickening.

-Christmas comes around-

"Look Timmy i got you a Wee!"

"Thanks Mom!"

-opens box-

The only thing nintendo related you can do with that thing is watch Super Mario Bros The Movie........poor Timmy 

It's in China...haven't you heard of all the spin-offs and copies over there? Besides, the Wii isn't even shipped to China...right?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

It's an amazing prank to play in a kid you hate.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
It's in China...haven't you heard of all the spin-offs and copies over there? Besides, the Wii isn't even shipped to China...right?

Lol, Im sure that you can buy a "Wii" in China, a "Wii" that has 1024 8-bit games included. Unfortunately there is no disc support and the "Wiimotes" are, well, not "Wiimotes" :)

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

The proof of a console success is when ripoff products appear.

maybe they were just using the Scottish word 'wee' meaning small... or not 

edit: It's just two VCR's taped together :P

Actually, it's in Japan and not China. You can see the katakana on the label "DVD pu-re-ya (player)" and the price is in Yen.

Tsuki ni kawatte...Oshiokiyo!

Watching "Aa!!Megami-sama : Sorezore no Tsubasa" and loving it!! 

That is sad. Yesterday I saw a PLAYERSTATION2 slim. They ripped off even the "slim".

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."