By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Create-A-Game I Year 2007

Stof Wins!...How do I vote...lol.

Around the Network

Hold on... it's not even December yet

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Magera said:

Very Very nice.  Interesting and origional it is indeed.  I'm already wanting to play it!  Why didn't you start the development of this game years ago damn it! 

Anyway, good read.  Nice story idea. look forward to hearing more, if you write more to it that is.

Thanks! And don't worry, I'll be writing a fair bit more. Brainstorming that idea has actually got me quite interested. I've already figured out a bunch more ideas for that game. I'll be adding more and more as this goes on.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Cool game Stof! A little paranoia, dystopian revenge and theatre of the bizarro.

When I look at the games outlined I start to think of ways they could go wrong. For my own it's just wrong to begin with. It would get way bogged down in minutiae, management and statistics unless someone much brighter than me reworked it. Soriku's could be overly cinematic. Magera's game 2 sounds similar to something like settler/civilization/AOE and would be dinged for that unless it brought something new or a twist. Yours is the most creative and I would be a little worried that the cool mechanics of the unfolding/changing environment could be focused on to the detriment of gameplay. Just some thoughts.

Magera said:

Oh yeah, does the game have to have a story or can it be just the game play mechanics??

I have three game ideas in total:

1st -

Console - Wii Downloadable Wiiware (1200 points???)
Developer - Unknown
Genre - Puzzle
No. of players - 1
Working title - "Domino Effect"

Game Idea: -

Basic Introductory level

Play area can be switched between top down view and free floating camera.

Players must lay out 20 dominos in the play area (A designated start and end area) so that when the first is pushed over, all 20 must colide to fall over with the last one needing to fall into/onto the designated end area. Once achieved, players progress to next stage.

As each level progresses the tasks get harder.

* More Dominos Required
* Pop Baloons
* Switch on lamp
* Scare Cat
* Etc

As levels progress, players unlock special items.

* Seasaw
* Spinning Block
* Escalator
* Elevator
* Leavers
* Baskets
* String/Ropes
* Lamp
* Different sized Dominos
* Pins
* Other Equipment

These items can be used in game to complete particular tasks. (Pins used to pop baloons).

50 or so levels.

Unlockable modes:

Free play - Players can arrange a room and use unlimited dominos and equipment. Video playback of Level can be shared online to show off your creation.

Id buy that. wins my vote so far anyway

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network

having said ^^that, i just read through stofs and it is amazingly creative

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Ok, so I've actually become quite interested in my game idea, and have been putting a lot of thought into it recently. So I'm going to make regular additions to flesh out the whole game.

As I said earlier, after the tree, Harjit will have 3 places he'll want to go. You'll know this because he'll say so. Instead of having a Navi, Carth Onassi or Pey'j, you'll guide will be you. Harjit will talk to himself, but in that knowing way that he's really telling you what to do. He'll say things like "I might as well go to the Hospital now... It's not like anything else is going to happen till I do!"

Ok, so the three areas can be visited in any order you like. The Hospital, Police Department or School Labs will all have minor story and gameplay elements. The police station will be overrun with odd calls, the Hospital will have an emergency room full of people with... peculiar emergencies, and the School will be your typical University (already weird)

After visiting each place, you'll notice small changes around the city. Changes like Tree's beginning to poke up through the sidewalks and the occasional dog walking on his hind legs. But the big changes come after you've visited all three.

After completing these areas, the first major world changing event occurs. While walking down the main city street, your character pauses to look at the clouds over head. One storm cloud in particular is blowing across the sky, until it catches on a buildings satalite array. The cloud tugs at the array, causing it to snap and fall off into the streets below. It also causes the cloud to careen into another building. Wedged into the building, it begins storming and shooting lightning at civilians.

With no one willing to go into the building, it's up to you to enter it, take the elevator up to the cloud's floor, and begin the first mini dungeon. The cloud!

The cloud will be a foggy all white level full of moving platforms, shrowded pitfalls, and an ominous voice that taunts you as you play. enemies inside will include birds, angry raindrops and bullets; All the bullets fired at the sky from Starter pistols.

At the end of the level, you confront the ominous voice and the cause of all the lightning. Balloons! A tangled mass of half deflated balloons. Every balloon ever let go by children at parties, or couples at carnivals. After the boss fight (turn up your sound system and revel in all the popping noises!), you'll recieve a brand new item.

Your kite. The same kite that you lost 8 years ago when your sister cut the string on you. Combining the Kite with your tree branch whip, you can use it as a wind sail, allowing you to get around town quickly on a skate board, or take very long jumps (from roof top to roof top if you're good enough)

As for the cloud itself. The lightning will stop, but the cloud will remain protruding from the building, always raining. As the game goes on, you'll eventually see people playing underneath it in the day, and maybe, on a certain night, you might even see someone "singing in the rain"

Also, with the cloud safe, Other people will enter it, including a group that is able to get part of it flying again. They'll turn it into a cloud ship that flies around the city. And if you're close enough, you'll always be able to join them for a bit. The cloud ship will be an eye in the sky for you (Hey Harjit, you really should see the Coral Reef that sprung up out of the fountain in the park!), and will occasionally take you to your next crisis "The Animals have staged a coup at the Zoo! We need to rescue the human staff"

That's all for now. Later we'll visit that Zoo, The park, Amusement Park, town pool and many other places. And don't forge the gang you ran into at the beginning of the game. I havea feeling that they've been adapting to their new world as well.

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

System: PS3 or 360
Genre: Sandbox Racer
Story: Race from Los Angeles to New York City (who knows why anyone does these things)
Graphic style: What else...its a GTA-clone (aren't they all these days)

The Great Race

This is an online persistent world race ala cannonball run or It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world.

The goal is to get from one side of the US to the other. Races start everyday as newcomers arrive with races starting at 3 hour intervals. Along the way you can customize your vehicle, sell it, buy another, steal from stores, steal other people's cars. go to jail, escape from jail, take a train (terribly boring, lots of stops...nice poker room, though), steal a helicopter, if you can fly it...you need some education to fly those thigs, you know. Whatever moves, you can use. Just get from Los Angeles to New York as fast as possible.

But what happens when you want to stop playing? Where do you save? You save by sleeping, but you don't want to end up robbed, in jail, or dead, so you best find a good hiding spot. Some areas of the game are so barren that they couldn't find you if your life depended upon it. More populated areas, however, are death traps. Some players comb alleyways and abandoned buildings looking for logged out players to have their way with. Of course if you can't find a good place to hide, you can always pay for protection. It is rumored that there are safe houses along the way that will provide protection and a bed, for a hefty price. One other alternative are the churches and mosques and other holy sites. There's no killing allowed in these buildings (Thank you Resistance: Fall of Man), so you can get a bit of shuteye in these sacred temples. But be warned, walking OUT of these places may take a bit of fighting as some immoral players love to walk that moral ambiguity of what it means to be in/out of a building. Needless to say, come out cocked and loaded and ready for hell.

By the way...death isn't death. But it does set you back to the previous state.
If you don't have a warrant out for your arrest you can even visit a hospital to heal yourself, if you have the money. But be careful of what they give you to cure your pain. Some drugs affect your driving abilities. That goes for recreational use. Booze cruising...while great fun, tends to end up with your car on the side of the road in a ditch and you hoofing it to the next town. Some players have been known to hold their liquor and actually claim to drive better after a couple shots of JD. The choice is yours.

Cool idea Super. So it would be sort of a Massively Multiplayer online Racing game?

Any chance you could work some Death Race 2000 into there?

pedestrians for points...hmmm....what do you think Jack Thompson would say?