By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo killed my favorite gaming franchise from them.....

Pokemon.... We've all played it on the gameboy. Don't try to lie to make yourself cooler and such, its just a given. It is my all time favorite game. Unfortunatley, that is not the case anymore. With the new already 3 million seller platnium, i decided to take the plunge and buy a new dsi. The system is great, the game however is not what I was hoping for. Being a long time gameboy owner, i'm used to the formula by now. They try to mix it up now and again but overall its the same thing. I'm dissapointed with the new ds versions though. They just aren't as good as the gameboy versions. I sold my dsi, the game, and will now probably never buy another pokemon game again because they are not going to bring it back to the gameboy. I just thought i'd explain this to you. My question is.....

Have you ever had a classic franchise that you love turned in to a crappy new version?

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

huh, i don't get what you didn't like.

i only own blue and diamond and they are the same damn game. Sure diamond has a shit ton more hidden things you can do to improve leveling or other things, but when i played through it (no walktrhough, online looking or anything) it was the same game as all others have been, just different pokemon and team rocket

To me, it was a lot slower paced, and just didn't flow right.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

You know there are other games for the DS, right?

how does pokemon become slower paced? its turn based

Around the Network
Mr.Y said:

Ya i know but i have the original ds for that. I just decided to upgrade if the pokemon games were good cuz i can spend like 300 hours on one.

Currently own:

• Ps4

yea, platinum wasnt NEARLY as good as the others, but its still a great game that I've been playing every day since I bought it at launch

world map sucks, its too small and doesn't give you the right feeling.
not much to do after you beat the game.
still great.

My personal favorite was the card trader one they did

I like the games, I don't like the names or looks of pokemon after no.151 (or 152). Too kiddy for me. Still great games underneath though.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
ps3-sales! said:
Mr.Y said:

Ya i know but i have the original ds for that. I just decided to upgrade if the pokemon games were good cuz i can spend like 300 hours on one.

That doesn't really compute with me. The new Pokemon can be played on the original DS, why would you buy a DSi?