By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Make the Connection

oh.

Roman Chariots and Train Tracks

Around the Network

If you are referring to the notion that the width of a railroad track has to do with the ruts carved by roman chariots...I will point you to this site:

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/r/railwidth.htm

that debunks this as an "e-rumor"...do I get a cookie...or am I completely offtrack?

oops

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

super_etecoon said:
If you are referring to the notion that the width of a railroad track has to do with the ruts carved by roman chariots...I will point you to this site:

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/r/railwidth.htm

that debunks this as an "e-rumor"...do I get a cookie...or am I completely offtrack?

Hmm, interesting. I learned it from History Channel. They had a full show on the history of railways and that was one part of the story. Either way you knew what my connection was. Your turn.

The Mad Hatter/ Quicksilver

Around the Network

Quicksilver (mercury) was used by hatters as part of their job, over time it caused them to go mad, hence the 'mad hatter'

Hitler/Buddhism 

The Nazi adopted an ancient Buddhism's symbol (although that symbol is not only found in Buddhism and sometime can be seen reflected through the x axis)

In a Buddhist story, though its credibility is questionable, there's a quote in it claiming from Adolf Hiter: "The last thing I want to do is find myself inside the skin of a Buddha."

Anyway, my turn.

Shana/Nagi

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Both characters are voiced by "Rie KUGIMIYA".

Islam(prayer beads) / Christian(rosery)

superchunk said:
Both characters are voiced by "Rie KUGIMIYA".

Islam(prayer beads) / Christian(rosery)

Damn... I didn't expect it would be that easy to find through Google... (unless you watch anime too)

Nope Google.

Well since no one even tried to guess mine, I'll just tell ya.

Christians copied the Muslim prayer beads for their Rosaries. Muslims in turn got the idea from Hindus.

On that I think this game is dead. Only five people paid any attention.