By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is there ANYTHING to look forward to on 360 this year???

^Cut down those quotes plz!

Tease.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Jeronimo66 said:
infamous8 said:

Alright guys, contrary to what some may think, I'm not a blind fan boy. I own a Ps3 and a 360. 360 used to be my favorite, but I've gotten really bored of it lately. Anyways, I just bought a flatscreen HDTV and have my Ps3 hooked up to it right now. Are there any GOOD games (that means Ninja Blade does not count) coming out for 360 in 2009 that I won't be able to play on Ps3? Will there be any reason for me to even hook up the 360 again now that I got a Ps3?

I dont like Halo games. I own Halo 3 and Halo Wars, and found that they both got really stale after a couple days. Lost Planet 2 from CAPCOM looks really good, but I doubt it will be released this year. Alan Wake looks kind of meh..Id rather be playing Uncharted 2 since they will probably both come out around the same time.

Help me out here.

Xbox 360

1. Alan Wake - Exclusive

2. Halo 3: ODST - Exclusive

3. Grand Theft Auto IV: Episode 2 Expansion Pack - Exclusive

4. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction - Exclusive

5. Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram - Xbox Live Arcade Exclusive

..............................and more to be anounced at E3.

Playstation 3

1. Infamous

2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

3. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

4. God of War 3 - 2009?

Those games on xbox 360 may not interest you, but millions of gamers are looking foward to those games.

Enjoy those 3 possibly 4 games you have on the ps3 for 2009, I will be having fun with the 5 games plus more on the xbox 360.

Seriously?

Way to miss out half of the PS3's lineup...

MAG

A Crack in Time

Heavy Rain

Fat Princess

Under Siege

GT5 (possible)

Demon's Souls

WarDevil

Doesn't look so bad now, does it? And if you're going to troll the PS3, do it properly. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 should not be on that list, it's a port with some extra features.

You can gloat now, Kantor (& the rest of the PS3 fanboy brigade), but you will have egg on your face after E3. If you really believe all those games are coming out this holiday, then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you

First of all....If you add in all the greatly anticipated AAA multi-platform games (Bioshock 2, Batman, Fight Night 4, Bayonetta, Tekken 6, MW2 & Assassins Creed 2) coming out later this year, Sony is not stupid enough to release all those games you listed this year when last year they released less AAA games. And those AAA games didn't generate enough HW sales or SW sales. 

The same goes for Microsoft. Microsoft will maybe announce a few new exclusives @ E3 but I think they will be saving most for next year. There are too many anticipated AAA games for Fall/Winter 2009...exclusivity is not as important as you may think.

Being in 2nd feels so much better than being in 3rd

Just wait until E3. It'll be a good time for some of those 360 games MS announced a long time ago- Alan Wake, Splinter Cell- to finally be given release dates. Probably Forza 3 as well.

DjFlex53 said:
Kantor said:

Seriously?

MAG

A Crack in Time

Heavy Rain

Fat Princess

Under Siege

GT5 (possible)

Demon's Souls

WarDevil

Doesn't look so bad now, does it? And if you're going to troll the PS3, do it properly. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 should not be on that list, it's a port with some extra features.

You can gloat now, Kantor (& the rest of the PS3 fanboy brigade), but you will have egg on your face after E3. If you really believe all those games are coming out this holiday, then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you

First of all....If you add in all the greatly anticipated AAA multi-platform games (Bioshock 2, Batman, Fight Night 4, Bayonetta, Tekken 6, MW2 & Assassins Creed 2) coming out later this year, Sony is not stupid enough to release all those games you listed this year when last year they released less AAA games. And those AAA games didn't generate enough HW sales or SW sales. 

The same goes for Microsoft. Microsoft will maybe announce a few new exclusives @ E3 but I think they will be saving most for next year. There are too many anticipated AAA games for Fall/Winter 2009...exclusivity is not as important as you may think.

I'll admit that Under Siege and WarDevil were fillers. I don't really know or care about them, and I have no intention of buying them.

Now, GT5 is highly unlikely, let me show you what I think will happen, in terms of releases.

June: Fat Princess (confirmed already) Batman: Arkham Asylum (confirmed already)

September: A Crack In Time, Uncharted 2, Tekken 6

October: MAG, Assassin's Creed 2, Under Siege, WarDevil.

November: Demon's Souls (in the West), BioShock2, Modern Warfare 2,

December: Maybe Gran Turismo 5, MAYBE God of War III.

Fight Night 4 is hardly a big game, and I've never heard of Bayonetta. Seems pretty spaced out to me, actually.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

DjFlex53 said:
Kantor said:
Jeronimo66 said:
infamous8 said:

Alright guys, contrary to what some may think, I'm not a blind fan boy. I own a Ps3 and a 360. 360 used to be my favorite, but I've gotten really bored of it lately. Anyways, I just bought a flatscreen HDTV and have my Ps3 hooked up to it right now. Are there any GOOD games (that means Ninja Blade does not count) coming out for 360 in 2009 that I won't be able to play on Ps3? Will there be any reason for me to even hook up the 360 again now that I got a Ps3?

I dont like Halo games. I own Halo 3 and Halo Wars, and found that they both got really stale after a couple days. Lost Planet 2 from CAPCOM looks really good, but I doubt it will be released this year. Alan Wake looks kind of meh..Id rather be playing Uncharted 2 since they will probably both come out around the same time.

Help me out here.

Xbox 360

1. Alan Wake - Exclusive

2. Halo 3: ODST - Exclusive

3. Grand Theft Auto IV: Episode 2 Expansion Pack - Exclusive

4. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction - Exclusive

5. Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram - Xbox Live Arcade Exclusive

..............................and more to be anounced at E3.

Playstation 3

1. Infamous

2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

3. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

4. God of War 3 - 2009?

Those games on xbox 360 may not interest you, but millions of gamers are looking foward to those games.

Enjoy those 3 possibly 4 games you have on the ps3 for 2009, I will be having fun with the 5 games plus more on the xbox 360.

Seriously?

MAG

A Crack in Time

Heavy Rain

Fat Princess

Under Siege

GT5 (possible)

Demon's Souls

WarDevil

Boy, that sounds like a "true believer" there. LOL!  He is feelin' the gospel.

Around the Network

Kantor said:

I'll admit that Under Siege and WarDevil were fillers. I don't really know or care about them, and I have no intention of buying them.

Now, GT5 is highly unlikely, let me show you what I think will happen, in terms of releases.

June: Fat Princess (confirmed already) Batman: Arkham Asylum (confirmed already)

Fight Night 4 is hardly a big game, and I've never heard of Bayonetta. Seems pretty spaced out to me, actually.

I'm glad you came back down to earth, though, you did add your fillers on to your list again . So now I think you went back into outer space. I doubt very very much that God Of War III, GT5 & MAG will see any light in 2009. Mainly because it would overshadow the super hyped Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain and the R&C "remake"

BTW, since Fight Night 3 sold more than Resistance 2 and Killzone 2, I guess they are not big games either.

Bayonetta is created by the developer Kamiya, who created Devil May Cry, Okami & Viewtiful Joe. This game has more cred than Under Siege and War Devil.

The_God_of_War said:
Just wait until E3. It'll be a good time for some of those 360 games MS announced a long time ago- Alan Wake, Splinter Cell- to finally be given release dates. Probably Forza 3 as well.

That should be guaranteed (Splinter Cell, Alan Wake, and Forza 3).  If those don't land for the X360, it will be an absolute disaster!  All fanboys would have to hold on is the traditional PS exclusive coming to X360 per E3 thing.  And, that's played out.  Most gamers understand that 3rd party exclusive are all be a thing of the past.

If MS doesn't announce a few new XBL services AND AT LEAST 3 HOT titles (besides the ones listed above), it will be a blood bath for them.  Forza needs to look MUCH better than Forza 2 AND play at 60fps.  Splinter Cell will need to look a LOT better than the last version and Alan Wake needs to look and play decently.

I have a feeling the titles will look and sound quite dated compared to the PS3 exclusives titles and for the same $60.

BTW, Trine is looking REAL nice (PSN title with co-op and keyboard/mouse support).

DjFlex53 said:

Kantor said:

I'm glad you came back down to earth, though, you did add your fillers on to your list again . So now I think you went back into outer space. I doubt very very much that God Of War III, GT5 & MAG will see any light in 2009. Mainly because it would overshadow the super hyped Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain and the R&C "remake"

BTW, since Fight Night 3 sold more than Resistance 2 and Killzone 2, I guess they are not big games either.

Bayonetta is created by the developer Kamiya, who created Devil May Cry, Okami & Viewtiful Joe. This game has more cred than Under Siege and War Devil.

It's not difficult to be more credible than Under Siege or WarDevil. They're fillers, remember?

I only put them on because I've actually heard of them, while it's beyond me why EA would make another Fight Night, and I've never even heard of Bayonetta.

I don't know where you got Fight Night Round 3 outselling Killzone 2 and R2 from... Fight Night 3 (on PS3) has sold 860k, while R2 has sold 1.57 million in six months, and Killzone 2 has done 1.43 million in two months. Unless you were combining sales for both platforms, which is quite ridiculous because then it's two games versus one. Even then, it would be 2.84 million, and Killzone 2 will easily cross that. Even Resistance 2 might.

I can see Bayonetta, then, being like Ico: Very popular amongst informed gamers, but won't sell well at all.

Then again, neither will Under Siege. It's a console RTS without "Halo" in the name.

And Ratchet and Clank is not a remake, but then neither are GTA Expansion 2 and Halo 3 ODST. ODST is a budget game, Expansion 2 is an expansion.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Fanboy thread only hurts their respective consoles =/ Stealth trolling is a way to actually damage the "other side".

On Wikipedia Forza 2 says it's 2009 due. IDK if that's true though.

Kantor said:
DjFlex53 said:

Kantor said:

It's not difficult to be more credible than Under Siege or WarDevil. They're fillers, remember?

I only put them on because I've actually heard of them, while it's beyond me why EA would make another Fight Night, and I've never even heard of Bayonetta.

I don't know where you got Fight Night Round 3 outselling Killzone 2 and R2 from... Fight Night 3 (on PS3) has sold 860k, while R2 has sold 1.57 million in six months, and Killzone 2 has done 1.43 million in two months. Unless you were combining sales for both platforms, which is quite ridiculous because then it's two games versus one. Even then, it would be 2.84 million, and Killzone 2 will easily cross that. Even Resistance 2 might.

I can see Bayonetta, then, being like Ico: Very popular amongst informed gamers, but won't sell well at all.

Then again, neither will Under Siege. It's a console RTS without "Halo" in the name.

And Ratchet and Clank is not a remake, but then neither are GTA Expansion 2 and Halo 3 ODST. ODST is a budget game, Expansion 2 is an expansion.

I know R&C isn't a remake, Kantor....I was referring to the ridiculous comment by Infamous

I thought this thread was about the 360, Kantor. So when I mentioned that FN3 sold more than R2 and KZ2, I was talking about the 360. You're the one who recklessly said that FN4 wasn't a big game. 2.84 million games sold is bigger than all but 8 games on the PS3. That's a shame!

BTW....Since Fight Night 3 sold 2 million on the 360 (and that's when the 360 only had 6 million owners), I think it was a no brainer for EA.

If you really want to know the 360's exclusive list, then you should check out EaglesEye379's 360 Exlcusive console thread. So why am I still in this "thread"? O.o