Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

yes, but it's more like a bug.....

hint: hide inside the bones where flamelurker is too big to come in

i've left a message there, so it shouldn't be too hard to find that spot :P

if you fight it with blue phantoms, there is really no need to hide in there

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network

Yo wenlan, you up for some co-op tonight. Let me know if you want to play later. I don't have to work tomorrow and I may be on tying up some loose ends tonight.

If you read this, slap yourself.

PS3 Trophies

Shane, yes, definitely
i look forward to playing co-op with you tonight :)

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Good deal...I think your about 2 hours behind but that's fine because I'll be up for a while. So, we'll get to it later. See you then

PS3 Trophies

Hey guys, I didn't see this review on the 1st page, so here it is.

http://gamerlimit.com/2009/05/gamer-limit-import-review-demons-souls/

He gave it a 9.1/100

Demon’s Souls is brutal, uncompromising, and infuriatingly harsh, but it is also rewarding, aspirational, and fantastically unique. It stands alone among its contemporaries as an action game for the genuinely hardcore, demanding utter devotion and reciprocating with an unparalleled sense of satisfaction.

9.0 Presentation

The game adopts a dark, hostile atmosphere. Levels ooze hostility and vary from abandoned castles to wind-battered cliffs, to poisonous swamps. There's great variety in the enemy designs, and all foes are universally menacing.

8.9 Gameplay
The controls are uncommon to the typical action game, which will result in some early awkwardness. The game cannot be paused or quicksaved, and the only checkpoints are at the beginning of a given area. The difficulty alone will be enough to turn off many of the less-willing.

9.0 Sound
The utter lack of background music outside of boss fights only amplifies the chilling sound effects and feeling of isolation. You'll need to pay close attention to the shuffles and sounds nearby to catch hints of what face-eating horrors lie in wait.

9.5 Longevity
The game lasts as long as you can stomach the challenge. Its technical level cap (all attributes at 99) is a whopping 712, and the game can be replayed over and over, its difficulty increasing somewhat every time. The "World Tendency" system alters level composition and certain events based on your successes and failures, leading to new equipment and characters to encounter.

9.1 Overall
Demon's Souls is perhaps the most satisfying game of its generation, but its uncompromising nature will only appeal to players of a particularly masochistic bent.

Around the Network

will add to the OP. thanks

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I'd actually say that's the best review of the game I've read yet.

Btw, this screen:

...makes that scene looks so much scarier than it really is lol.

pretty creepy mm...I'd say you've got your hands full. Good luck with that.

PS3 Trophies

Just got this game today i have a lvl 19 soldier . I have a noob question though how can i us the heal spell that you buy for 5000 soul . sorry for asking just that i realy want to us it and i cant figure it out thx in advance

you need a talisman to cast miracles. not sure what your best bet for acquiring one, though.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka