By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Well, at least it let me grind to over 2 000 souls.... which I promptly disposed off on a cross-bow :(. That's 2k souls which I will never get back. Btw, I managed to steal some of the loot on the field in front of the giant red dragon -- he got really pissed and started spewing fire like mad.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

You can get 'em all if you wing it right.

Watch out for the last piece under the dragon's tale. He crushes you with that tale in one hit. Oddly enough, on my second attempt he seemed to ignore me. I grabbed the item, jumped to the lower ledge, ran around and got out of there.

If you come back in pure white, both dragons will be gone, though. Or you can kill the right dragon in 1-2.

I really like the parts where you can use the environment to quickly dispose of the enemies. The part with the giant rolling balls and the dragon torching the bridge is really cool. BTW, if I make a mad dash across the bridge between the dragon attacks, can I make it all the way across?

Yup. Just start running right as he begins to fly overhead.

pvp in this game is freaking hilarious. most of the time it's so laggy it's unplayable (assuming because im pvping people in japan) or it's 4 v 1 and ownage ensues.

mm got pk'd when we were trying to coop lol. i totally let you down haha.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

I never have lag issues when PvP'ing. my only issue is that whenever I try to join someone I don't know (either via blue stone or black), I join someone playing NG+, and either get owned by them, their ally, or the environment. I'll be fighting with or against people that are probably over level 100, and I'm mere 60.

The Phalanx boss proved to be much easier than expected: all I needed was a shitload of weed and my trusty Halberd. I still want to challenge the Red Knight for all the pain he caused me. The plan is to lure the bastard to the catapult area and stab him through the heart with a dagger. *fingers crossed*

Alright. I'm up to Level 43 now and I finally learned some magic!!

I'm pretty excited as this breaths new air into my strategy.

And it also softens the blow of losing 40k souls total last night.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

One of the Blue Knights cut the saga of Ostrava the golden hero rather short. No more loot from this NPC, I guess.

dolemit3 said:

One of the Blue Knights cut the saga of Ostrava the golden hero rather short. No more loot from this NPC, I guess.

Thats no good cause you need to protect him to get some nice items later like the "Rune Sword" and "Rune Shield" (the sword and shield he using).

Im now level 94 with only World 1 left to complete.

World 2, 3, 4, & 5 have been completed in both black and pure white tendency with all the black phantom NPCs killed in each world.

Before i finish 1 i shifted 4 into pure black to farm souls at 8k+ every 2 mins. Yes you get more souls in pure black but the enemies hit harder (just a word of warning).