By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

lestatdark said:
@Hiko

Yes, it works kinda like that. The BP player is the one who puts up the Red Eye Stone, the player who accepts the PvP has a blue phantom with him.

When PvP initiates, the BP goes to face the player, this one makes believe in order to bait the Blue Phantom to the Black Phantom. When they are about to strike, supposedly with coordination, the player backs down. This leads to some confusion to the Blue Phantom player, leaving him open to a soulsucker.

@Carl

Don't you mean 5-1?:P

To upgrade your Dragon Sword, you'll need Dragonstones.
You'll find shards scattered around 2-2 and from the lava bugs in the stage.
Chunks are obtained from the largest lava bugs in the stage, but if you have plenty of fire resistance (+200, couple with Fire Resistance ring and spell Water Veil) you can walk around the lava at the bottom of the tunnels, there are 6 chunks there.
Pures are either obtained from the largest lava bugs in Pure Black World Tendency or by defeating the Dragon God, 2-3's boss.

I mean the last level on world 1 Is it 1-4?

1-1 - Phalanx
1-2 - Tower Knight
1-3 - Penetrator
1-4 - Oh yeaaaah...

I mean 1-4 then haha.

I have a few dragon stones... I just don't know where i can get it upgraded.

Around the Network

@Carl

My suggestion is that you leave stage 1-4 to be your last boss, especially because he's one of the most complex bosses (not hard per se, but there is a lot to remember and to pay attention to in that fight). Also, stage 1-4 has the blue dragon, so you may want to stack up on arrows or better bows before you tackle him.

To upgrade the Dragon Sword or any weapon that has a prefix attached to it, you'll need to find Blacksmith Ed in world 2-1.

When you're inside the complex with the grinding wheels in 2-1, after you get to the part which had a lava pool that you cooled down in order to gain passage to the boss's elevator, you'll reach a stairway that has a trio of Sword carrying miners.

To the left you'll find a small doorway with stairs and to the front of you, you'll find a path barred with wooden stuff. Destroy all those wooden stuff and continue through that path. At the end, turn right, and you'll see a lever there. That lever will activate an elevator next to it, the elevator that wasn't functioning whenever you started 2-1.

At the bottom, you'll find Blacksmith Ed.

Be mindful though, in order to upgrade any kind of special weapon, you'll need to have the soul of Flamelurker, the boss of 2-2, so you may want to tackle him first.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
@Carl

My suggestion is that you leave stage 1-4 to be your last boss, especially because he's one of the most complex bosses (not hard per se, but there is a lot to remember and to pay attention to in that fight). Also, stage 1-4 has the blue dragon, so you may want to stack up on arrows or better bows before you tackle him.

To upgrade the Dragon Sword or any weapon that has a prefix attached to it, you'll need to find Blacksmith Ed in world 2-1.

When you're inside the complex with the grinding wheels in 2-1, after you get to the part which had a lava pool that you cooled down in order to gain passage to the boss's elevator, you'll reach a stairway that has a trio of Sword carrying miners.

To the left you'll find a small doorway with stairs and to the front of you, you'll find a path barred with wooden stuff. Destroy all those wooden stuff and continue through that path. At the end, turn right, and you'll see a lever there. That lever will activate an elevator next to it, the elevator that wasn't functioning whenever you started 2-1.

At the bottom, you'll find Blacksmith Ed.

Be mindful though, in order to upgrade any kind of special weapon, you'll need to have the soul of Flamelurker, the boss of 2-2, so you may want to tackle him first.

I see. I've already been to him once if i remember correctly  haha.

I've done all of world 2 and kept Flamelurker's soul, Dragon God was also possibly the easiest enemy in the game thus far

Anyway, im guessing when i go to upgrade my sword i will want to have that particular soul with me.

Thanks, again

SO ANGRY!

Started working on my new char to get all of the miracles. Decided to kill primeval demon in world 2 and then to two crow trades for my 3 CDS. Killed the primeval............pop............no CDS! SO ANGRY!

Now I gotta use up another 5-7 eyes/deaths to get primeval on world 4.

This build is pretty sweet so far, blessed mace does a lot of damage.

Make sure you always carry the Large Sword of Searching whenever you go CDS hunting!

A primeavel demon has 75% chance to drop a CDS, which is a lot, but occasionaly will give you that result. With LSoS, you'll have a 100% chance to drop CDS, thus it's best for you to hang around with one.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

No can do this play through as I need the hero soul for a miracle. I guess I need to just be lucky laaaaaame!

Good luck then Encoded. I did a run in NG++ where I didn't use the LSoS and luckily I didn't miss any of the CDS.

Also, are you Pure Black CT? Any character that is PB CT can get 10 CDS per run.

Current PC Build

Neutral ct right now. New char. I need to get one CDS from a primeval or wait until next playthrough. I hope I get one, that will save me some time. I expect platinum in 2-3 days.

@lestatdark

In my 9 playtroughs of Demon's Souls , I have ALWAYS 100% always recieved a Colorless Demon Soul from over 25 Primeval Demon's I've killed, and in NONE of those instances I carried/equipped a Large Sword of Searching or had a Luck stat better than 11 (15 when I played a Thief once)....

Am I THAT lucky or can we finally debunk the ridiculous myth of this LSS actually being worth anything?

Take it from a guy who got 2 pure bladestones in the same playthrough with luck 11 : LSS is a load of crap!

@gekkokamen

The Large Sword of Searching doesn't improve the quality of the drops per se, it improves the % drop of enemies that don't have a 100 % drop rate RNG.

Take for example, the miners at world 2. The weaponless miners have a 10% chance to drop shards of spiderstones and 1% chance to drop chunks of spiderstones in neutral WT, but the RNG for allowing them to go through that % check is a % drop rate RNG, that for them is 40%.

Now, if you use the Large Sword of Searching, you effectively double that % drop rate RNG to 80%, also boosting the % drop chances for shards and chunks, to 20% and 2%.

So if you're hoping to get more chunks using the LSoS than not using it, you'll still need a lot of luck (not the stat) in order to have them drop Chunks as well.

For the Pure Bladestone is actually a myth, in that you are correct, mainly because the Black Skeletons have already a 100% drop RNG, meaning that even by using the LSoS, you won't be getting the doubling effect from it, so the % for pure bladestone drops still remains the same, 0.5% for the Hidden Passage 4-2 Black Skeleton, 1% for the BP Black Skeleton 4-2.

When it comes to the Primeaval Demons, the overall % drop RNG is at 75%, which is increased to 100% with the LSoS. Of course, the only thing that they drop is the CDS, so you'll have a 100% drop for CDS.

Mainly, the drops in this game are affected by sheer personal luck. You can affect it slightly with higher luck stat and the LSoS, but in the end, you're going to be dependent on your own luck.

In my first playthrough in the game, I got a Pure Bladestone in 2 tries with 7 Luck and no LSoS. The second time that I did it, it took me 7 hours to find one. Almost at the same time, Marciosmg got his at the 3rd try.

Current PC Build