By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

The tendency part of the game is really hard to grasp at start, but once you start influenting it and seeing how you can shift it easily, you'll see that it's not so hard at all ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@lestatdark

Opinion on something.

I mean, I'll try the mirdan hammer myself once I get one, but I heard it is the same as a halberd and man, I hate that weapon, but............

I am trying to get a good weapon for my faith build. I grabbed the blessed mace + 1 in level 5-1 and, it pretty much rules. I could keep this up and get it to +5. My style of play is more of defend + a couple of quick hits rather than the halberd style. I really just hate the way it swings.

Looking for good 1 handed damage. I'm thinking of just keeping with the mace, but the knight sword will do more damage (but not to skellies).

Not a huge deal, just curious. Perhaps the mace because I could get to +5 for cheaper :)

Just wanted your opinion.

@EncodedNybble

Mirdan Hammer's are a fiendish weapon, but mostly for PvP, due to the it's overall AoE combo when it's held in 2H. Normally people go with Crushing or Moon Mirdan Hammer's, they are pretty fearsome.

For PvE, they're not actually very good.

For Blessed Builds, the Mace is one of the best weapons, especially due to the magic damage and the extra damage for armoured enemies. Knight's sword physical attack may be higher, but when you're doing magical weapons (Blessed, Moon, Crescent), you tend to disregard physical damage for magical damage.

You could also look for Morning Stars, they're the equivalent of Blunt Uchigatanas because of their Bleeding effect, but overall, Blessed Mace is the better choice for 1H

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

ok cool. I found and used morning star but found the bleeding to be......not very useful and the damage was slightly lower than a mace.

Ok then, mace it is!

I'm not really gonna ever PvP in this game too much, so all PvE for me. I save my PvP for SF IV :)

@EncodedNybble

I don't PvP as much too, and now times are worse than ever for PvP since it's either Blue Phantom Farmers (people who summon you to soulsuck you) or Black Phantom hunting parties. It's a shame really >_

Current PC Build

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
@EncodedNybble

I don't PvP as much too, and now times are worse than ever for PvP since it's either Blue Phantom Farmers (people who summon you to soulsuck you) or Black Phantom hunting parties. It's a shame really >_<

lol can you really soulsuck the blue phantoms you summon? cheezy lol.

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

Hiko said:
lestatdark said:
@EncodedNybble

I don't PvP as much too, and now times are worse than ever for PvP since it's either Blue Phantom Farmers (people who summon you to soulsuck you) or Black Phantom hunting parties. It's a shame really >_<

Actually you can't directly soulsuck blue phantoms. What people arrange though, is an agreement with a BP friend, acting out as if they were waiting for invaders and then leaving you to fend against the black phantom alone. This caughts many Blue Phantoms completely by surprise, thus leading to major soulsucking, that's why it's called blue phantom farming

Current PC Build

Not played for a few days... Bad times!

Anyway, im gonna have a few more hours on it tomorrow. Hopefully beat 1-5 and then have a real go at world 3.

Oh, can someone tell me how i can upgrade my dragon sword please?

lestatdark said:
Hiko said:
lestatdark said:
@EncodedNybble

Actually you can't directly soulsuck blue phantoms. What people arrange though, is an agreement with a BP friend, acting out as if they were waiting for invaders and then leaving you to fend against the black phantom alone. This caughts many Blue Phantoms completely by surprise, thus leading to major soulsucking, that's why it's called blue phantom farming

So you summon blue phantoms to fight the black phantoms that invade you?

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

@Hiko

Yes, it works kinda like that. The BP player is the one who puts up the Red Eye Stone, the player who accepts the PvP has a blue phantom with him.

When PvP initiates, the BP goes to face the player, this one makes believe in order to bait the Blue Phantom to the Black Phantom. When they are about to strike, supposedly with coordination, the player backs down. This leads to some confusion to the Blue Phantom player, leaving him open to a soulsucker.

@Carl

Don't you mean 5-1?:P

To upgrade your Dragon Sword, you'll need Dragonstones.
You'll find shards scattered around 2-2 and from the lava bugs in the stage.
Chunks are obtained from the largest lava bugs in the stage, but if you have plenty of fire resistance (+200, couple with Fire Resistance ring and spell Water Veil) you can walk around the lava at the bottom of the tunnels, there are 6 chunks there.
Pures are either obtained from the largest lava bugs in Pure Black World Tendency or by defeating the Dragon God, 2-3's boss.

Current PC Build