By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

I upgraded my Long Sword into a Dragon Long Sword the other day. The overall attack is around the same as my Long Sword +3, but the Fire Damage makes most enemies go down quicker.

Around the Network

Speaking of that, if anybody has any spare Splinters of Dragonstone they could toss me in co-op, it'd be much appreciated. They're rather hard to come by, to say the least lol.

From what i've read, you want the "crushing" upgrade for your sword as it modifies the damage heavily based on strength level.

what + level is your main weapon? Around +3 or +4 the 2-1 blacksmith should do it for you.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I have a LS +4 and a DLS +1. Neither can at this point be upgraded into a QLS.

The DLS is my current main. Despite having lower overall damage than my LS +4, it actually deals more in the end because of the fire damage.

makingmusic476 said:

I wasted like 40k Souls last night leveling up. -_-

So last night, I got around 9k Souls, and decided to level up my Strength. It said I would get no increase this time, but I figured it would go up next time (as it often skips a level). So I go up a point, and look at what'll happen next, and it says my attack STILL won't go up. It'll will just stay at 182.

So for curiosity's sake, I grinded some more, earned 10k Souls, and upped Strength again. Nothing. The next upgrade still won't change my attack stat. =/

Is 182 just my max or something? I'm only at 24 Str (and was at 22 before this).

Anywho, I then decided to upgrade my dexterity by 2 (10 > 12) so that I could use this composite long bow I found. I do that, and both times neither my Attack nor my Experience goes up, and it says that even if I up it one more level, nothing will change.

So 40k Souls, and all that changed is my PhysDef and my ability to use this bow. -_-

I've gotten absolutely nowhere in the past week. I'm starting to get rather frustrated.

Btw, I'm level 41 now.

What's your dexterity? Because the experience doesn't go up until like 15 or 16.

And whenever that happens, I usually just put towards something else that will bring me up. And I'm 33 now.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

that doesn't sound very good MM. you need something that benefits from your stats. fire damage is great, but ineffective against some enemies. you need a main weapon with a good damage rating and modifier (which for you is a "crushing" path weapon).

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Yep, according to the Wiki, at +3 your Long Sword can be upgraded to a Crushing Long Sword (at the 2-1 blacksmith). Do that, and you'll love the results i'm sure.

Damn, I missed the mailman. It looks like I have to wait for another day to get my hands on this gem. :(

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

ameratsu said:

Yep, according to the Wiki, at +3 your Long Sword can be upgraded to a Crushing Long Sword (at the 2-1 blacksmith). Do that, and you'll love the results i'm sure.

Did you intentionally put all the sexual innuendoes in your post?

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

dolemit3 said:
ameratsu said:

Did you intentionally put all the sexual innuendoes in your post?

lol what? i wrote that in a minute while at work, wasn't really paying attention to that sort of thing. take your mind out of the gutter.