By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

lestatdark said:
@routsounmanman

Have fun with Northern Regalia, you'll get a 165 attack boost if you're either Pure White or Pure Black Character Tendency, boosting the attack to an awesome 540, half physical, half magical xD

What was your main trouble with the Armor Spider in NG+? I actually think that she's easier in NG+ than in normal game, even Flamelurker seems to be too xD. BTW, have you leveled up nicely?

Oh, and King's Field games were awesome, it's a shame that the original King's Field never got published outside Japan, i'm really glad the same didn't happen with Demon's Souls, or else we would be missing one of the best games ever.

Problem is, in order to easily beat Armor Spider you HAVE to play cheap. Either you get to a specific spot where it can't hit you (I did eventually, after dying several times) or you have one hell of a ride. After finding the aformentioned spot, it hit me just once while it got raped by my Soul Ray... Flamelurker was a piece of cake with my Purple Flame Shield +9 and Water Veil.

I have a magic edge, all my stats are >25 except for Luck and Faith (11 and 14) with a 32 intelligence and 40 magic (my Crescent Falchion +5 deals some serious damage - my Firestorm totally rapes

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
lestatdark said:
@routsounmanman

Have fun with Northern Regalia, you'll get a 165 attack boost if you're either Pure White or Pure Black Character Tendency, boosting the attack to an awesome 540, half physical, half magical xD

What was your main trouble with the Armor Spider in NG+? I actually think that she's easier in NG+ than in normal game, even Flamelurker seems to be too xD. BTW, have you leveled up nicely?

Oh, and King's Field games were awesome, it's a shame that the original King's Field never got published outside Japan, i'm really glad the same didn't happen with Demon's Souls, or else we would be missing one of the best games ever.

Problem is, in order to easily beat Armor Spider you HAVE to play cheap. Either you get to a specific spot where it can't hit you (I did eventually, after dying several times) or you have one hell of a ride. After finding the aformentioned spot, it hit me just once while it got raped by my Soul Ray... Flamelurker was a piece of cake with my Purple Flame Shield +9 and Water Veil.

I have a magic edge, all my stats are >25 except for Luck and Faith (11 and 14) with a 32 intelligence and 40 magic (my Crescent Falchion +5 deals some serious damage - my Firestorm totally rapes

Well, I went up straight to her face and melee'd her to death xD Her fireballs are easy to dodge, they travel diagonally at best, so when you see her launching the fireball, just make sure you run counter-diagonally to the path of the fireball. Also, in NG+ and subsquent ++, she always throws two fireball in succession, so running in a Z pattern makes it easier to dodge both. 

If you're fast enough, she won't have time to prep up the Shotgun-like fireballs, and will only have time to prep up the Web Throw, which can be seen coming from miles when she rears up her Abdomen.

Once you're up and close, she'll mainy use her melee attack, which can be blocked easily with the Purple Flame Shield +10 and after a few attacks, she'll drop down, allowing you to get some hits in her. Because of her drop down attack is a high damaging melee move, you should always stick to the center frame of her body, that way she cannot hit you.

Those are some nice stats ;) Currently i'm leveling up all my stats to 30, only need Luck to reach that level, but after that, i'm doing a Dexterity/Strenght/Faith Build. 

Also, when you use firestorm, do you also keep the Kris Blade, the Ring of Magical Sharpness and Old Monk's Wraps with you? With those three items (Kris Blade is still Kris Blade +1 to me), I one shotted the Penenetrator in NG+, doing a massive 2300 HP damage XD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

^^ All except Old Monk's Wrap

^^ What's your Kris Blade level? At +5 Kris Blade boosts magical damage by 40% xD All in all, with all boosting items, your magic damage can be boosted to a whooping +120% :D

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

^^ Nothing. Just plain Kris Blade. I have 7 Colorless Demon's Souls though, so I might as well ivest in that

Around the Network

^^ I'm investing on that too ;) I already have a Blind +5 and a Dark Silver Shield +5. I'm now ending the Kris Blade +5 to go invest in the Keel Smasher +5. If you plan correctly, you can get 10 Colourless Demon's Souls per playthrough.

Current PC Build

Finally killed that Red Dragon and am I glad it's over. Took me like 90 arrows to kill it.

And I found that stupid crystal gecko in 1-2 but it only gave me two Large Hardstones -_-

Tomorrow I plan to kill that red eyed knight in 1-1. I owe that bastard a big one.

@sabby_e17

That drop off the Crystal Geckos in 1-2 is normal, the Geckos in 1-3 and 1-4 drop Chunks and Pure though ;)

Also, congrats in defeating the Red Dragon, you can use his soul to gain a nice number of souls, since it isn't needed for any spell or any weapon upgrade.

Good Luck on paying back that Red Eyes in 1-1, just be sure to block his lunges and counter, dodge to the back and repeat, that be enough strategy to kill him.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
@sabby_e17

That drop off the Crystal Geckos in 1-2 is normal, the Geckos in 1-3 and 1-4 drop Chunks and Pure though ;)

Also, congrats in defeating the Red Dragon, you can use his soul to gain a nice number of souls, since it isn't needed for any spell or any weapon upgrade.

Good Luck on paying back that Red Eyes in 1-1, just be sure to block his lunges and counter, dodge to the back and repeat, that be enough strategy to kill him.

Thanks. I'll use the Dragon soul tomorrow, but when do I get to use the Tower Knight and Phalax souls to upgrade weapons?

Also, I've upgraded my Long Bow to Long Bow+3. But should I now upgrade it to Quality Long Bow or Long Bow+4? 

@sabby_e17

Well, the Phalanx soul is needed to upgrade a Spear type of weapon +7 to a Scraping Spear, and Tower Knight's Soul is used to get the Warding spell from Sage Freke, which you need to release from 3-1 first.

Also, about the Long Bow, upgrading it to Quality Long Bow will make it less powerful than a Bow +4, but will even out the Strength and Dexterity bonuses. If you're going for a more Dexterity type of build, continue with the Bow +4.

Further along the game you'll get a Quality type of weapon which you can upgrade to Quality +5 in order to get the Trophy for it, so don't worry about not having a Quality weapon just yet.

Plus, when you get Spiderstones, don't use them on your Bow +6, wait until you have found the Compound Long Bow, in order to make the Sticky Compound Long Bow, when it reaches +5 and when you reach Dexterity >30, it'll be the best bow in the game.

Current PC Build