By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

@Lestatdark + Luvtospooge:

K, thanks. I'll kill that bastard on Saturday. Annoying exams stand in my way.

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
forevercloud3000 said:
need help killing Lord Rydell Black Phantom. Any hints?

The easiest way = Meatl Cleaver 2H, R2 bash, wait for him to get up, repeat until he dies, works for every BP NPC :P

The hard way = Direct melee hand on hand combat with an equal damaging Magical or Fire Weapon, due to him having the Dull Rat Ring which'll boost his defense when he's at <30% HP

The Cheap way = Snipe him from afar using an Viscous bow or the White Bow with Light Arrows and Thief ring equipped so he won't move from his place.

@Skittles

Which two skeletons killed you that way? 

4-2, the ones on the cliff by the manta graveyard

Prediction:

TGS this year for PS3 will be amazing.

Grandia comes to PSN(PSone classic).

First Versus gameplay this year.

The Adventures Of Duane and Brando

@Skittles

You should kite them individually using a Bow, some of them even fall down the cliff if you shoot from far enough. The golden skeletons are a nuisance, but just wait until they do their overhead attack, that way you can get two free hits on them without worrying about their counters.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Well I killed the fools idol, but afterwards I'm still not on pure white world.....when I dies in soul form, does it affect the world tendency ?

My favorite games for this gen:

1. Gears of War    2. MGS4    3. Killzone 2   4. Halo 3(Underated by many)      5. Mass Effect

@SolidSnitch

If you die in soul form it doesn't affect the World Tendency, but in order to get Pure White World Tendency in world 3, you'll need to defeat also the next two bosses, in 3-2 and in 3-3, since each boss only adds 30% White tendency (Defeating Phalanx in 1-1 adds 30% White Tendency to all worlds, thus that's why you get 100% Pure White World Tendency in all other worlds which only have 3 bosses)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

k k, so if I get to 1-3 and kill the boss, then I will get the pure white world for world 1.....

My favorite games for this gen:

1. Gears of War    2. MGS4    3. Killzone 2   4. Halo 3(Underated by many)      5. Mass Effect

@SolidSnitch

Yeah, once you've defeated the Penetrator boss in 1-3, you'll get Pure White ;)

The only Pure White event in world 1 is the Door to the left courtyard in 1-1 that was blocked the first time you passed there, will now be unlocked, granting you access to a very dangerous area (also, it has a Crystal Gecko, be careful and try to kill it to gain it's contents)

Current PC Build

@sabby if you have dex over 30 use a sticky if not use a lava bow like everyone else, the damage difference isn't that bad for PvM actually because the lava bows fire attack stuns a little. Also try to get a clever rat ring when you fight that red dragon. My first playthrough it took me 15 minutes to kill the red dragon ended up having lunch while I did it, each arrow did like 7 damage I was SL 12. 2nd playthrough with makoto, morion, clever rat, and 40 dex I knocked him out of the sky in like 2 minutes... was dealing high 200s in damage per arrow XD.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

I beat 2-2, 2-3, 3-1 and 3-2. Armor Spider still the hardest boss for me in NG+! Flamelurker was a breeze! I also got Firestorm, Soulsucker, Lava Bow and North Regalia.

I can't stop playing this amazing game, Atlus this year published my 2 best experiences : Devil Survivor and Demon's Souls. Anyone else played King's Field? I also loved that game to death (pun, pun)

@routsounmanman

Have fun with Northern Regalia, you'll get a 165 attack boost if you're either Pure White or Pure Black Character Tendency, boosting the attack to an awesome 540, half physical, half magical xD

What was your main trouble with the Armor Spider in NG+? I actually think that she's easier in NG+ than in normal game, even Flamelurker seems to be too xD. BTW, have you leveled up nicely?

Oh, and King's Field games were awesome, it's a shame that the original King's Field never got published outside Japan, i'm really glad the same didn't happen with Demon's Souls, or else we would be missing one of the best games ever.

Current PC Build