By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Grahamhsu said:
sabby_e17 said:
Man, I really wish I got this game about a month ago so I could be on par with you guys.

won't take you long sabby, I only have had this game for 10 days...I did play for around 5-6 hours a day tho.

@lestat people online rely on the shield waaay too much, pretty much the reason I prefer two-handed style. I got invaded 3 times yesterday and every single one of them was either normal sword and shield (just asking to die...) and another guy came in with scraping spear and shield (just asking to die as well...I have over 1k life scraping spear can't compete at this SL plus scraping spear pisses me off...). I'd like to see how my MC matches against ur moonlight/blind.

Moonlight and Blind are two pretty awesome weapons for this single fact = They both go through shields, meaning opponents can block all that they want, that they'll still feel the full force of the blow :D

Plus, Large Sword of Moonlight functions exactly like the Meat Cleaver, has the same AoE roll attack and also knocks enemies down, but has one major upside. It only weighs 2.0 lb, meaning I can do three R2 swings and still have enough stamina to block xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

nice what sl are you wanna do some pvp i'm up for a challenge, haven't lost to a single bp yet.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

lestatdark said:
@Nen-Suer

Actually, that's four times if you want to get the Platinum, because some Demon's Souls have four different unique uses, and can only be used once in each playthrough.

To affect the Tendency itself, here's a chart on how each individual event in each of the worlds affect the tendencies, note that the + equal to shifts to White and - equal shifts to Black:

http://www.atlus.com/mediawiki/index.php/Tendency

Also, I found that the best way to alter the World Tendencies is to play offline, because online the world tendencies are also affected by other player's tendencies as well, which can screw up your own.
Plus, always be in Soul Form if you want to get White Tendencies, because each time you die in Physical Form on each world, you'll shift towards black.

The best way to die in physical form and not change the world tendencies is to suicide yourself in the Nexus.

Atlus.com...huh

guess you forgot .

Do i have to get pure white in every world too ? and what to i get from that ?

btw: the stones that can revive me (forgot whats its called) were can i find more of it ?

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

ephermeal eyes?
http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/stone-of-ephemeral-eyes-farming
To get pure white you're gonna need to kill every boss in soul form or without dying in body form in any game ever. World's give you different things, world 4 gets you a makoto for pure white, others do more check the wiki in the link, it's not great and loosely unorganized but you'll get the hang of it.

Grahamhsu said:
sabby_e17 said:
Man, I really wish I got this game about a month ago so I could be on par with you guys.

won't take you long sabby, I only have had this game for 10 days...I did play for around 5-6 hours a day tho.

@lestat people online rely on the shield waaay too much, pretty much the reason I prefer two-handed style. I got invaded 3 times yesterday and every single one of them was either normal sword and shield (just asking to die...) and another guy came in with scraping spear and shield (just asking to die as well...I have over 1k life scraping spear can't compete at this SL plus scraping spear pisses me off...). I'd like to see how my MC matches against ur moonlight/blind.

Yeh, I guess it won't take me too long. 2 hours every day until after 20 days should put me in a good position.

And I'm assuming that Demon's Souls is your favourite PS3 game.After all you are a 360 guy (right?).

Around the Network
Grahamhsu said:
nice what sl are you wanna do some pvp i'm up for a challenge, haven't lost to a single bp yet.

Unfortunatly i'm not at home today, but tommorrow if you want, we'll have a match then ;) What Soul Level are you?

@Nen-Suer

Oh my, sorry I forgot you can't access their webpage >_<

Here's another link: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/world-tendency

You'll have to do each individual world's tendency separated, that goes for white and black.

Pure White and Pure Black tendencies unlock various series of events in each world, and at Pure Black, adds some new, more difficult enemies, the Black Phantom version of tough world enemies.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
@sabby_e17

The only weapons related souls use you'll ever need in the game is to upgrade your weapons at Blacksmith Ed in 2-1, everything else, including buying herbs is unnecessary, the game will provide you with plenty of what you need.

For herbs I recommend doing 1-2 Knight runs from the Tower Knight Archstone. There are two Blue eyes Knights near it, both which always drop Half Moon or Late Moon Herbs. 20 minutes grinding will net you at least 30 Half Moon and 15 Late Moon herbs, which is plenty to go around for lower levels.

Once you unlock 1-3, then you can farm for infinite amount of Full Moon and New Moon, and you won't ever need any more herbs again xD

Wait, does that mean you hardly have to spend any souls? If so I guess I might just spend my souls for the fun of it.

@lestat sl 120 rite now i believe wut r u in case i need to catch up lol

@sabby_e17

Don't spend them randomly, you'll need them to upgrade your levels and stats, that's the primary function of souls ;)

Current PC Build

Grahamhsu said:
@lestat sl 120 rite now i believe wut r u in case i need to catch up lol

I'm at 134 now, but we're at level range, so we can do battles or help each other out (I don't think that being in NG or NG+ influences it, i've helped people fight the Flamelurker while they were on NG+ and I was on NG).

Current PC Build