By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I was at Gamestop today...

Soriku said:
No, did you even my post correctly? You were stating that the Wii is bad as a fact and I said not everyone thinks that. I said I was really looking forward to Wii games but you were acting as if that's not possible and the Wii's garbage no matter what. Not everyone thinks that way.

Smells like bullshit indeed.

Well I remember mentioning to someone that the PS2 had plenty of great games early on. Than you jumped in to tell me none of those games interest you like if it matters. You're telling me my opinion doesn't matter but you gave me your opinoin anyway.

I'm not saying the Wii games are terrible. But I do think the PS2 games are better. But I can't claim that as a fact... I'm not sure why you've made the claim I was doing so.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
I pretty much used the same thing you used as a counter.

I then said the PS2 actually got much better games later. The Wii isn't done with its life yet yet you acted like the situation wasn't going to get better.

But the PS2 always had very successful 3rd party software.

Aren't 3rd party developers going to be reluctant to support a machine that hasn't done a great job moving their games? As of now I don't see a lot of great games coming to the Wii.

Ofcourse this is just my opinion. Don't wanna anger you with my facts.

Soriku said:
Wii can move games. It's just most of them are small and niche. But if you put out a game that would have high appeal and is advertised it can sell big. Even more so if it's a series.

I wonder what Conduit's sales will be even though it's a new IP.

On occasion 3rd party games have been successful on the Wii but I think it can be very risky even if you have a quality game and advertise it.

I can't imagine Sega will continue to support the Wii like it has. If Conduit doesn't do well I think that will make matters worse. Mario and Sonic will a huge hit but that's for obvious reasons.

Sure its possible for great Wii games to pop out of nowhere, but its doubtful in my opinion.

@mjc

I repeat again... what does your list have to do with anything I said in my post? I was countering the OP with games off the top of my head since he obviously wanted to bash the Wii, no where in my post did I say Wii > PS2, PS2 had a terrible first two years, etc. so I don't even know where the PS2 list even came from... seemed kinda pointless and it's done nothing but turn into you and Soriku going back and forth so I can only assume you wanted to start something with a "Wii fanboy"

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000