By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here is happy that Xbox is ahead of Playstation this generation?

Squilliam said:
City17 said:
binary solo said:

I've missed a couple of pages of this most entertaining and amusing thread. So I'm wondering if someone has, once again, thrown this graph into the mix?

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php

Though I notice if PS3 remains on its current trajectory it will cross under 360 once the PS3 sales weeks catches up to where the 360 sales weeks in January this year.

This graph tells us one thing: Those who say 360>>>>>>>>>PS3, AND those who say PS3>>>>>>>>>>360 by talking about numbers of consloes sold are blowing so much smoke out their back end that they have become completely blinded by their own console co-dependancy.

Well the graph actually tells us 2 things, because it tells us that the only Console that is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than other consoles in terms of sales is the Wii. And the Wii is the only console that can be said to be doing any dumping on others right now from a hardware sales perspective.

PS3 FSTP!!

You better better watch out friend, people always get mad when I do that!  It is my favorite graph though.  It has been my desktop back ground for a long time!

The issue with using that graph and making assumptions is that those assumptions rely on:

A: The PS3s sales will continue to increase along whats considered the standard sales trajectory.

B: The Xbox 360 sales will also follow the same sales trajectory, albeit one year opposed.

The reality as well see it is this: The Xbox 360 sales are up once more in the fourth year and the PS3 sales are down in the 3rd year.

It still makes me happy 

Around the Network

But its not the same as seeing it on the main page.

Tease.

mjc2021 said:
dahuman said:
RRoD is so last year, it's the year of the E74 ^^b but anyways, Sony's PR pisses me off so much that I want to sell the PS3 but since it's not mine, it's not up to me =P but comparing MS and Sony is like Xbox vs Game Cube, they are both losers so who cares? =P

Funny thing about this gen is the top console has the worst library. Infact this is the first gen I ever felt this.

blame the 3rd party, Nintendo still makes good games /shrug the shift of balance is entirely fucked because of Nintendo, I personally see it as a good thing for us that play video games, tells you that media and 3rd party devs are just a bunch of shit talkers.

I've never liked MS much, so obviously I want Sony to keep on competing with them.

"What I'd thought I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes..."
~ J.D. Salinger, "Catcher in the Rye"

CMoney said:

i am VERY HAPPY sony is in last place. i love it!!! I think it has great that they lost ALL THE PS2 PROFITS ON THE PS3.

They deserve to be in last because they tried to force gamers to buy blu-ray when it has nothing to do with gaming. Aslo, they PAID OFF MOVIE STUDIOS 500 MILLION to support blu-ray exclusively.....disgusting.

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/13009.cfm

I hope the whole company goes bankrupt.

Sony is still in the black all-time in the video game industry.  Microsoft is still 6 or 8 billion in the red or something.  Booyah.

Around the Network

Not me...

I'm indifferent as both companies have done so many stupid things. Both have been arrogant, idiotic and treated their customers like dumb plebs at some point this gen.

Let's take a look:

MS:
Poorly engineered hardware released early to "get ahead"
Paying to play online
Annoying over the top marketing (specifically Halo 3)
General arrogance and stupid PR spin (Sony have won a generation previously, they at least have that excuse)

Sony:
It costs how much?! (2006)
Backward Compatible... but not anymore...
Look! we have motion sensors too!
Extreme arrogance at the start, silly PR spin now

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1907543

Funny stuff

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

dahuman said:
mjc2021 said:
dahuman said:
RRoD is so last year, it's the year of the E74 ^^b but anyways, Sony's PR pisses me off so much that I want to sell the PS3 but since it's not mine, it's not up to me =P but comparing MS and Sony is like Xbox vs Game Cube, they are both losers so who cares? =P

Funny thing about this gen is the top console has the worst library. Infact this is the first gen I ever felt this.

blame the 3rd party, Nintendo still makes good games /shrug the shift of balance is entirely fucked because of Nintendo, I personally see it as a good thing for us that play video games, tells you that media and 3rd party devs are just a bunch of shit talkers.

I'm not going to point the finger. I'm just going to say the HD consoles offer a much better library of games.

FinalEvangelion said:
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1907543

Funny stuff

I watched the video, hilarious.