By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Joker DLC on 360 as well, Not PS3 exclusive.

SlipperyMooseCakes said:
Reasonable said:
SlipperyMooseCakes said:
Reasonable said:
OP I'd suggest you avoid thread titles that are definite when the content is a rumour.

I'm not interested in the game either way but an inaccurate title is sure to encourage arguing.

Right now Joker has been announced as PS3 exclusive with some rumours it will find its way to 360 too.

For the record, I don't like exclusive content, etc. as I think the core game should be the same on both consoles (although this gen MS has been the main driver of the trend so I do find it a little amusing when the shoe's on the other foot).

I'm just reporting what the article says. I know how rumors work and I know the site could be wrong but that is up to the users to talk about and decide for themselves until we get an official announcement on the 360 version.

I know how to work the forums, you're not really acting "reasonable" you're just acting like a mod suck up. Thanks anyway, friend.

Anyway...

The same site announed that the content is still PS3 exclusive http://www.vg247.com/2009/04/23/arkham-asylum-eidos-confirms-joker-as-ps3-exclusive-playable-character/ . I don't know what the hell is going on, I guess we will have to wait until closer to launch when they come out more publically about the content.

You should ask Twest if I'm a mod suck up after my row with him recently on a thread...

I just hate inaccuracies.  Sure the site is claiming it's true - they would wouldn't they?

But given you type in the thread title is it too hard to type - 'source claims Joker not PS3 exclusive after all'?

As for forum use I'd argue the title should make clear the content of the post, not take an attention grabbing bit of the post that may well be inaccurate.

I could have put rumor in there, this is true but simply by clicking in the thread you see right way "Rumor" in bold so I didn't deem it necessary. I can do this if it makes the forum goings easier for you but it really isn't a big deal in this situation because I believe I made it clear it is a rumor and what source said this. I wasn't trying to grab in anybody with misleading titles.

This isn't really the point of the thread anyway, it's to discuss the article and what the users think about it. The thread has gone pretty smoothly and nothing too negative has erupted with the exception of you and I. So I'm going to end this deviation from the original post and say that if we're not going to talk about the content that the topic is about, than don't bother posting anymore in this thread because we are now cooperatively derailing the thread into a pointless disagreement.

Thank you.

-------------

Anyone else want to guess that gameplay will be a star feature in next week's GTTV?

Fair enough.  I confess I did suspect you'd deliberately been misleading to grab attenion so apologies.

OT - thinking about the Home ads I saw shown on some other sites it seems unlikely this rumour could be true - I doubt Sony would create and post such specific content without knowing it was accurate... unless of couse there's been some balls up somewhere along the line, in which case someone's going to be in trouble somewhere.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

I'm glad we could both act, dare I say, reasonable about the situation. ;)

I'm guessing it will be for the PS3 exclusively but eventually come to the 360. It is very rare that DLC doesn't come to the 360. It has such a big market that loves DLC it would be odd not to.

Honestly i dont understand the exclusive dlc, either put it on both or not at all and if they wanna earn more money which they probably want then its stupid if only 1 console has it.

I've never bought DLC and the only time I will is when I see something that is really worth the price.

Why should I pay £3-5 for a few maps or skins or modes, when for the same price I could buy a full ps1 game or psn game!

The only dlc I would consider buying is if burnout paradisegives the rumoured 3D patch.

OT. It would suck if another console has to pay for it whilst others get it free. Does anyone know wether you play the same story with joker or whether the joker has his own plotline?

SlipperyMooseCakes said:
I'm glad we could both act, dare I say, reasonable about the situation. ;)

I'm guessing it will be for the PS3 exclusively but eventually come to the 360. It is very rare that DLC doesn't come to the 360. It has such a big market that loves DLC it would be odd not to.

No problem.  I was in a bad mood this morning (no idea why but rare for me).

I was wondering whether they might not just give 360 another character - Harvey Dent or The Riddler for example.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...