By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [VIDEO INSIDE] Did the 1:1 control in Grand Slam Tennis convinced you?

What the hell? This guy makes me remember the way Reggie Talks at E3.

The racket doesn't have a 1:1 behavior. It's almost it but its not 1:1 as EA has been claiming to milk fans.

Compare it with this mini-game included on Tiger Woods 2010:

This disk throwing mini-game perspires 1:1 control from every angle. 

I'm not sold at Grand Slam Tennis, I'll sit back and wait to see how good is Virtua Tennis 2009 1:1

Around the Network

think its awesome i`m buying it

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

You cannot be serious! John McEnroe is a serve and volly player, why is he on the baseline, also he is left handed, in the video he is right handed. Not realistic.

Soriku said:
It's not totally 1:1 (EA said that MotionPlus was too sensitive and had to make the game less sensitive) but it's close enough anyway! Better than Wii Sports.

I'd like to see how it looked like with the "over sensitive" gameplay.

matt247 said:
You cannot be serious! John McEnroe is a serve and volly player, why is he on the baseline, also he is left handed and has a one handed backhand, in the video he is right handed and has a two handed backhand. Not realistic.

You realise he will be able to do both in the game right..... this is after all MOTION CONTROLLED which means the character you play has to use the same hand as yourself.... are you wanting to stop right handed people being able to use John McEnroe in the game? and limit left-handed people to a much smaller selection of characters?

Around the Network

Im sold!

WOW. That looks freakin' awesome, lol.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Just watched the GST video... it looks a bit jittery as the character moves about, I would have thought it affected how hard it was to hit it in time but the guy seemed to do ok... I will wait and see how it turns out I suppose.

But I will say my attentions have moved from GST into almost equal terms with Virtua Tennis, but both have taken a backseat to Tiger Woods at the moment too.

meh...the tennis just won't work. Look at him when he is changing side from right to left or left to right...he's doing very slowly because I'm sure the moment you change of side too fast...the wii take it as a smash

In tennis do you control your player's movements or do you just control swing as like Wii Tennis.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down