By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MHG sells 92K first day

Oh yes the Wii is back.

Around the Network

I hope the game has some good legs

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

JTurner82 said:

This has already been mentioned in the sales thread, but good news:  MHG has indeed posted some excellent sales on its first day in Japan; 92K out of the 210K, with most of the sales coming from the controller edition (66K or so for that).  This bodes very well not only for MH3, but also for Wii owners HD fanboys feeling that the system is nearing its decline.

Fixed?

Will the Wii get back on top and ps3 at the bottom as usual from now on?

Or will we see a DS - PSP like situation?

*me wonders*

arsenal009 said:
JTurner82 said:

This has already been mentioned in the sales thread, but good news:  MHG has indeed posted some excellent sales on its first day in Japan; 92K out of the 210K, with most of the sales coming from the controller edition (66K or so for that).  This bodes very well not only for MH3, but also for Wii owners HD fanboys feeling that the system is nearing its decline.

Fixed?

Yeah fixed

Around the Network

It's a port from the PS2. Doesn't that make it a cheap cash-in and a slap in the face to the Wii?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

One_touch_KO said:
arsenal009 said:
JTurner82 said:

Fixed?

Yeah fixed

That's what I meant.  Thanks for fixing.  :)

LordTheNightKnight said:
It's a port from the PS2. Doesn't that make it a cheap cash-in and a slap in the face to the Wii?

percisly, however capcom was just looking for a way to SELL a demo instead of making it free. smart eh :P

@Gearbox :
I start play this series on PSP ,so i really want to play MHG too.Why think people that buy MHG must ever play PS version before and buy it only for demo?

LordTheNightKnight said:

It's hard to bitch about that when the next main entry in the franchise is coming exclusively to your console.

Personally, I find the 90,000 Japanese people who bought a game for Wii which they could have bought for PS2/PSP less bizarre than the 40,000 who bought a PS3 just to play a demo of a game they won't be able to finish until months later. I mean, there are Trekkies, and then there are Trekkies who learn Klingon.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.